Home

This Year Feels Weird

This is a discussion on This Year Feels Weird within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: This Year Feels Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Based on the impressions thread at OS that is so far 95% positive, what more would you need?

Seriously, midnight for me. I couldn't pass up the $23.00 price plus positive impressions.

C'mon man, this happens every year. This is what's known as the "honeymoon" period.

Wait till late August/early September, when everyone has copies in hand. It usually goes from "Madden is the GOTY" to "I'm seeing more stupid bugs and glitches that need fixed!!!", to "When's the patch coming out?" to finally "I'm trading in my copy for __(Name game)__________" threads.

Watch.......
Old 08-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
C'mon man, this happens every year. This is what's known as the "honeymoon" period.

Wait till late August/early September, when everyone has copies in hand. It usually goes from "Madden is the GOTY" to "I'm seeing more stupid bugs and glitches that need fixed!!!", to "When's the patch coming out?" to finally "I'm trading in my copy for __(Name game)__________" threads.

Watch.......
For the guys I know that are giving impressions, I don't really feel it will change. No need to jump all over my opinion just because you decided not to purchase this year. That's ok if people don't feel it made a quantum leap from last year, I'm not going to tell them anything different.

Sorry, you are not getting it, but there will be people enjoying it beyond the two week "honeymoon" period.

Watch......

Last edited by roadman; 08-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #59
Rookie

ericdrum's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm actually more excited this year than ever. I really liked what I have played of the demo. I'm ready for Tuesday and ready for this years NFL season.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why don't I want this game? I know a store that has it about 10 minutes away and normally I would have been there yesterday afternoon when they got it but for some reason I'm in no rush to get it. I'll sure I'll get it eventually, maybe wait to see if goes on sale in the next week or two, but I just don't feel like I have to have it "now".
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 12

Maybe it's just me getting older or the game being poor lately, but I haven't had much interest. Used to be the guy who'd call every store within 2 hours to find a copy early. I remember driving 2 hours to pick up a copy of Madden 2002 years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For the guys I know that are giving impressions, I don't really feel it will change. No need to jump all over my opinion just because you decided not to purchase this year. That's ok if people don't feel it made a quantum leap from last year, I'm not going to tell them anything different.

Sorry, you are not getting it, but there will be people enjoying it beyond the two week "honeymoon" period.

Watch......
Roadman I've had the game since Saturday and after playing the retail version it has definitely won me over with it's game-play. While it may not be perfect it's worth $23 IMHO. I was really skeptical and unsure about the game myself but after spending some time with it I see Ian and crews vision starting to unfold. Strategy, match ups as well as playing to your teams strengths and weaknesses is critical this year.

While the strategy pad is loathed by many it forces you to make only the critical adjustments/audibles at the line. Gone are the days of changing 11 players responsibilities within 2 seconds. Gameflow is another great step in the Sim direction. It speeds up the game dramatically and if utilized correctly allows you to really dig deep to learn your playbook. Great feature. I do feel it's a little clumsy on defense because it's hard to recognize your defensive call, analyze the offense and figure how to attack the offensive set in such a short period of time.

Overall the game is solid. As it's been stated before the presentation just does not mimic what we see on Sunday's which is bothersome but I skip through most of it anyway. If they build on this years game-play, blow franchise and presentation out the water Madden 12 will be the crown jewel under Ian's direction. Sorry I got into impression mode but I think it may help support/reassure your thoughts on the game. I love NCAA and Madden this year so I'm football gaming bliss right now.

Last edited by Rashad19; 08-09-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Roadman I've had the game since Saturday and after playing the retail version it has definitely won me over with it's game-play. While it may not be perfect it's worth $23 IMHO. I was really skeptical and unsure about the game myself but after spending some time with it I see Ian and crews vision starting to unfold. Strategy, match ups as well as playing to your teams strengths and weaknesses is critical this year.

While the strategy pad is loathed by many it forces you to make only the critical adjustments/audibles at the line. Gone are the days of changing 11 players responsibilities within 2 seconds. Gameflow is another great step in the Sim direction. It speeds up the game dramatically and if utilized correctly allows you to really dig deep to learn your playbook. Great feature. I do feel it's a little clumsy on defense because it's hard to recognize your defensive call, analyze the offense and figure how to attack the offensive set in such a short period of time.

Overall the game is solid. As it's been stated before the presentation just does mimic what we see on Sunday's which is bothersome but I skip through most of it anyway. If they build on this years game-play, blow franchise and presentation out the water Madden 12 will be the crown jewel under Ian's direction. Sorry I got into impression mode but I think it may help support/reassure your thoughts on the game. I love NCAA and Madden this year so I'm football gaming bliss right now.
Thanks Rashad. I've always considered your opinion a good one. The impressions from Odogg, Footballforever, PGaither, Flightwhite and yourself is the impressions that I value. People that have been here long enough to know the ins and outs of Madden.

16 more hours and ticking.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
Maybe it's just me getting older or the game being poor lately, but I haven't had much interest. Used to be the guy who'd call every store within 2 hours to find a copy early. I remember driving 2 hours to pick up a copy of Madden 2002 years ago.
They had Madden 2002 years ago? LOL j/k, I'm not sure about Madden this year. Haven't played the demo, but based off the impressions of the retail game, both are two different games. So I'm taking a wait and see approach, and then probably renting Madden this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »