Home

Too many big plays makes this years Madden easy?

This is a discussion on Too many big plays makes this years Madden easy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Too many big plays makes this years Madden easy?

I've played the Jets vs. Colts Madden demo and I've played about a dozen games. After getting used to the controls and how the players control, I have to say that this game lets the player exploit the big play way too easily based on my experience. On All-Madden mode I was able to go 17-20 for 496 yrds 7 tds and 1 int (screen) with Mark Sanchez on a variation of deep passes, screens and slants. I do comend the developers for opening it up for the player on go routes and impressive downfeild blocking. Perhaps it was the plethora of speed on the Jets receiving core or the Colt's liberal blitzing. Even Peyton Manning and the Colts torched Revis and Co. for over 400 yrds and 42 pts. The NFL is certainly evolving into a pass first league but I feel like the ability to for receivers to get seperation (especially off the jam) is a bit overdone. Holmes and Edwards were able to get about 10 yrds of seperation off the jam. I do like how well WR screens work and locomotion in the open feild is lethal with an agile player (broke Bob Sanders' ankles with Holmes for a TD). I think this may be fixed in the future but I miss the challenge the All-Madden provided.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

the drewster 7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many big plays makes this years Madden easy?

Try playing on normal speed on all madden i think it makes the game more difficult, I'm assuming you are playing on slow because that is the default setting. On slow speed you have much more time to throw so passing is much easier.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

You must be alot better me at madden 11 demo then me. When I play on all pro settings on the Demo the AI still puts up a fight. I've lost to the AI on all pro settings quite a few times since playing the demo.Just playin on all pro settings to me is a challenge some what. I dare not touch the all madden settings. The AI might just kill me altogther. LOL
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 12

the demo is just what it is,demo a earlier build of the game,play the full retail copy,i hear the full game doesnt compare to the demo
Old 08-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the drewster 7
Try playing on normal speed on all madden i think it makes the game more difficult, I'm assuming you are playing on slow because that is the default setting. On slow speed you have much more time to throw so passing is much easier.
I play the demo with normal speed, no accelerated clock and conventional play-calling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have played a few games of the real version online. I have found Miles Austin to be nearly unstoppable. I have had over 200 yards with him in every game. The coverage by DBs is broken.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Slider adjustments should solve all of this.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich7sena
I play the demo with normal speed, no accelerated clock and conventional play-calling.
If you would notice when you are playing the demo. Even if the accelerated is turned off. It still has a effect on the play clock still. I don't know why. But I hope that ain't a problem in the final version.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »