Home

Steeler fans Using the 3-4

This is a discussion on Steeler fans Using the 3-4 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Steeler fans Using the 3-4

Like last year, im having issues getting big plays out of my LB's. Any1 else with this issue? Or is it my scheme?

Im playing the Raiders right now, and their Lb's have 2 picks, 1 each. but my Lb's rarely gets picks.

And Troy Polo isnt dominating. I get a pick sometimes, and my opponents are killing me with 4th and 5th Wrs.

Every pick I drop. Should I take control or let the cpu pick for me.

I need desperately tog et some big plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Steeler fans Using the 3-4

I found using the Steelers' D damn frustrating in Madden 10, and I get the feeling it will be the same here. The problem I found is that it's hard to get any pressure with Harrison and Woodley, and with the lack of any double teaming, Hampton doesn't demand enough attention from the O-line. However I do like having Farrior and Timmons patrolling the middle.

In coverage, I leave the CPU to control Polamalu most of the time (as i tend to try and do too much), and roll with Clark as I love laying the big hits. Can't believe Polamalu has a tackle rating of 70?!

Out of principle though, I would NEVER change to a 4-3, I just couldn't do it!
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Wii U - Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

PS3 - Madden NFL 25, Dark Souls

3DS - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y

Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yea im goign through the same. its driving me nuts, not getting pressure.

I guess ill leave Polo alone and let the Cpu control him.

DO you get any picks with harrison or Woodley?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can see Pola with a 70 tackle, sometimes his tackling frustrates me in real life. He tends to cannonball himself into the ball carriers as oppose to wrapping up. Pretty realistic rating Imho. Still love the guy, but his tackling frustrates me at times.

Last year I would always control Timmons and would get 3-4 picks a season with him. The problem has always been the pass rush. As a poster said above, Silverback and Woodley don't get enough of a rush. I hope that's fixed this year because neither of them get enough sacks/pressure in any one game. They might be the best pass rushing tandem in the league.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #5
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

I do get a few with Farrior and Timmons, but rarely with Harrison and Woodley. I use them mainly as defensive ends, trying to get pressure, more than i allow them to drop back into coverage. I love sending at least 5 at the QB, never going to get enough pressure with 4, let alone 3.

Of course, I do like to mix it up and send Farrior in, and I love sending Polamalu in every now and then. It's definitely harder to use the 3-4 though, no doubt.

What are your plans for the offense in your franchise dude?
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Rookie

steeluk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEBasball5
I can see Pola with a 70 tackle, sometimes his tackling frustrates me in real life. He tends to cannonball himself into the ball carriers as oppose to wrapping up. Pretty realistic rating Imho. Still love the guy, but his tackling frustrates me at times.
Yeah you are right actually. I suppose I was fooled by the fact that when he does make a tackle, they are always bad ***!
Philadelphia Phillies

Currently Playing:

Old 08-09-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
Rookie

I'll probably go 55/45 pass to run because Mendenhall is a beast and I'd like to turn Dwyer into a viable #2. Still going to put the ball in the air 55% of the time. Even though we lost Santonio I'm going to try and build up Manny Sanders so I'll pencil him at #3 and maybe Antonio Brown at 4. Will also try to give Mendenhall 3-4 touches a game in the passing game. And as with every year I actually put the ball in Miller's hands as he may have the surest hands on the team.

The real question is, do I start Ben in the 1st 4 games or Leftwich/Dixon/
Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluk
Yeah you are right actually. I suppose I was fooled by the fact that when he does make a tackle, they are always bad ***!
Still the best safety in football but that's always been one of my pet peeves with him. But you are correct, when he connects it's nasty and I love every minute of it.

On the other side of the secondary, I can't wait to see Ryan Clark connect on Ochocinco after the comments he made recently. Leave some of his gold teeth on the field.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »