Home

Madden NFL 11 Review

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #65
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 11 Review

Guys, I would bet my life that nobody said "give this game a good review for awesome publicity." OS isn't like that. IIRC, we've BANNED devs before (can't remember which title)

The review may be lacking, or not critical enough enough for some of us (me included frankly), but there isn't a grand conspiracy. The reviewer simply really liked the game...it's an entirely subjective matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #66

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

I put a lot of trust in the OS review and will most likely buy M11.

I agree that the review was a bit overly positive and those issues have been there for a long time.

Getting sacked on PA is nothing new for EA games. This happens every year.

Every year I ask "Where is the special teams play? Why cant I block a punt and/or FG?" These things are never in the game.

How come reviews never mention the complete lack of Pass interference penalties.?

I honestly believe that this game is 'tuned' out of the box for Joe Gamer and that is fine. Let's hope that sliders can make it more sim.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan73
All these franchise comments baffle me, do you people really miss setting hot dog and foam finger prices that badly?
Actually, I hated that part of the franchise. It was pointless.

But it's things like how the other 29 teams manage their salary caps, being able to do more with a contract than just $x for y years. Actually having the franchise mode follow what can happen in the NFL. Hell, even let me trade a draft pick from the draft in 2013 for a player. Then there's things like IR, which have NEVER worked in Madden game.

These are the kinds of things some of us don't like about the current franchise. in 2011 they may add in foam fingers again, not fix IR, and say franchise is revamped.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #68
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I think this is one of the signs of the apocalypse, IGN being much harder then OS on a Madden game.
I also want to add that different sites may all have different scales/criteria for reviews. Again, the score is tricky
Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #69
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm sorry but this read like an EA press release straight off the sunshine and lollipop express.

This line really cracked me up.

...boasts? BOASTS?!
Sorry that's just really funny.

On other sites I'd expect this. On OS I'd expect Franchise review to be one of if not THE most important aspects of a review. That was our focus here....wasn't it?

This review was a little TOO well written. And although I have no problem with a score, since it's OPINION, this review reeks of any sort of objectivity and to me is an embarrassment for OS.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
Actually, I hated that part of the franchise. It was pointless.

But it's things like how the other 29 teams manage their salary caps, being able to do more with a contract than just $x for y years. Actually having the franchise mode follow what can happen in the NFL. Hell, even let me trade a draft pick from the draft in 2013 for a player. Then there's things like IR, which have NEVER worked in Madden game.

These are the kinds of things some of us don't like about the current franchise. in 2011 they may add in foam fingers again, not fix IR, and say franchise is revamped.
*shrug*
I have a blast with Madden's franchise mode, so whatever floats the proverbial boat as they say...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #71
Supporter

OVR: 22

WOW, the Madden series has become a shoe-in to get a 9 or close to on here (Madden 11=9.0 Madden 10= 9.0 Madden 09=8.5). I know different people review certain sports on here, but there should be some consideration of how the other sports games were rated with their + & - and then evaluating how this game stacks up because according to O.S reviews, Madden 11 is a better game than MLB the Show, and in The Show review, it was deducted points because a lot of the gameplay elements and mechanics were tweaked or stayed the same despite some of those elements already being good/great in its current state. A good portion of Madden has stayed the same even by the reviewer's own admission, and that includes the problems that's been in the game for YEARS on in, but yet it isn't a big burden against the game, which would anchor down the score....

I can only imagine what the score will be when they actually start making big changes, and start really innovating .

Last edited by Epiffani; 08-09-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 23
I haven't played the full game yet, but based on the demo I like Madden 11 better than Madden 10, but not much. There still seem to be similar issues as there are every year. I know in the demo Pro-Tak seemed a little better than 10, but not much. Locomotion definitely makes a difference though.

Franchise is a big part of Madden, and I think the review disregards that somewhat. The less said about Superstar mode the better I think lol, if they aren't going to update they should remove it in my opinion. If they can make something like 2k's "My Player" then it could be good.

I think it's a good review overall, but I disagree with the score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »