Home

Generated face.

This is a discussion on Generated face. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Generated face.

I don't understand how literally everyone on a baseball game(scrub or not) have there real facial pieces. I've heard excuses such as not having enough time for madden. Does it have something to do with the helmets/facemask??? is there an answer to why there are so many random generated faces in madden and theres none for mlb the show 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Generated face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatlookinhair
I don't understand how literally everyone on a baseball game(scrub or not) have there real facial pieces. I've heard excuses such as not having enough time for madden. Does it have something to do with the helmets/facemask??? is there an answer to why there are so many random generated faces in madden and theres none for mlb the show 10.

Isnt there double the amount of players on a roster for a NFL Team than on a MLB team?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 2

I believe on average in madden 1 running back,1 qb, maybe 1 reciever and 2 or 3 guy on defense thats not generated. In the show every lineup from 1-8 plus bench and bullpen counting the farm teams(some guys sprinkled through out the roster) look like thereselves uncluding everyone in free agency. Just saying... I never really got a definitive answer on why madden couldn't up the bar that aspect of the game. It would be really great cut down on the generated faces especially guys like top corners in the league such as revis.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Isnt there double the amount of players on a roster for a NFL Team than on a MLB team?
There is... but not if you take into account the players at the AAA and AA levels..

I assume it's just a lack of effort.... if everyone is wearing a helmet with a face mask, it's easier to get by only doing a few faces per team imo.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
There is... but not if you take into account the players at the AAA and AA levels..

I assume it's just a lack of effort.... if everyone is wearing a helmet with a face mask, it's easier to get by only doing a few faces per team imo.
I have "The Show", the only players in AAA who have custom faces are players who were in MLB at one time and point. Nearly everyone in AAA has a generic face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
I have "The Show", the only players in AAA who have custom faces are players who were in MLB at one time and point. Nearly everyone in AAA has a generic face.

you are correct. they can only put the names and likeness of players in the game who have mlb experience. that narrows down a lot. the only way you get real faces of players down in AA is if you create them yourself. or download knights rosters.

there are way more nfl players in madden than there are players in the show with mlb experience. (probably) it is NOT lack of effort

Old 08-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

I'm pretty sure EA has enough assets to hire one or two guys who sole job is to get player faces. Plus it's not even like it's hard to incorporate them into the game either.

And this isn't Madden 07 (PS2/Xbox) where there's no room on the disk to put more things. These are blu-ray discs we're talking about.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
you are correct. they can only put the names and likeness of players in the game who have mlb experience. that narrows down a lot. the only way you get real faces of players down in AA is if you create them yourself. or download knights rosters.

there are way more nfl players in madden than there are players in the show with mlb experience. (probably) it is NOT lack of effort
well I just saw a 9er video, and our starting CB Shawnte Spencer has the wrong skin tone and his face looks nothing like him....I understand the 3rd-4th stringers not having their faced mapped...but come on, first and second string guys should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »