Home

Your thoughts on Ultimate Team...

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on Ultimate Team... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
Your thoughts on Ultimate Team...

I am pretty interested in it. Didn't try it out last year, how did you like it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Your thoughts on Ultimate Team...

I messed around with it some. Not too seriously though. I'm interested in knowing how many guys actually played with it?

I wonder what EA's "Online Data" told them? LOL... We LOVE Ultimate Team play and spending money but we hate Online Franchise? LOL!!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only thing I didn't like, is that if you screw up, you can't even get the worst players in the league. You have to pay money to get another bronze pack.

Other than that, I really enjoyed this mode last year. I loved the fantasy type of play, but it took a few games for me to get used to managing my team so that I had the best players on the field.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

I really enjoyed it last year until they changed the rules about quitting. They used to have it where you lost coins when you quit but this was changed. With this change, it seems like there's been more quits.

Another annoying thing is when you are in the matchup screen. It's common to get an opponent that just sits there doing nothing. I understand that many users do this so they can matchup with their friends.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 21

I used the mode a lot in madden 10 and really enjoyed it. It was kinda easy to build a super-team once you figured out the 'system' so-to-speak. I can see how people might easily screw over their team if they bought a few expensive cards too early, but (unless you spend real money on card packs) you really have to gradually build your team slowly over the course of many games.

However, the mode seems to have undergone some big changes this year. I'm not sure if they'll be for the better or the worse, but the intention from Josh Looman (head MUT guy) is to make it much harder to put a dominant team together this year.

The biggest problem I see is that they made it so that if your opponent quits against you, there's no more option to play against the CPU, you just exit the game.. time wasted.. have a nice day.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »