Home

The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

This is a discussion on The things that NEED to be in Patch #1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #169
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60
Re: The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1807
"C" patch on the Vikings Jerseys. The captains don't have them...

he has it there

Old 08-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #170
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

The linebackers are way to passing in filling holes. I'm playing an online game and I see Ray Lewis just standing there in the hole. Nobody blocks him. And he just lets the RB come to him and then gets trucked over. Fill the damn gap.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #171
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I agree with the defensive tuning being patched, and also the ability to zoom in a little with broadcast cam.

The name mispronunciation isn't too bad unless he says the wrong name completely(Koenen(Atl)-Kotch, Leonhard(jets)-Lester, I was playing Pats vs. Bills and Brady threw it deep against two corners and Gus said the coverage on the play by Kavika Mitchell?

Oh and please fix this line "Well Tom, the offensive line didn't get much of a push...." We should never hear Chris call Gus "Tom" again. That's lazy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 0

How does this game score higher then The show or NHL? Both are so much more deeper, and represent their sport so much better then madden

The show got marked down as it was Similar to 9, yet franchise mode and superstar modes in MADDEN and the worst of ALL major sports titles and have basicially been left untouched for 4 years. Explain this?

Defense in 11 is broken, just look up you tube videos of defenders standing still, constantly allowing receivers ru past them and not even reacting, allowing them to get wide open by 15 yards. They also often dont even react to the ball, and just stand still while a receiver catches the ball right next to them

Broken tackles - need I say more? I have never played a so called SIm game that plays more arcadey then this. often no name RB's break 5 + tackles on a run, sometimes with 2-3 LB's on their back.

Play Action is broken, a major part of offense in the NFl is playaction, yet its broken and this game gets a 9? LMAO. The Lineman literally wont even try to block on PA plays, most of the time its a sack before the Qb even is ready.

It is obvious OS has some kind of affiliation with EA, IGN was harder on the game then a SO CALLED hardcore sports site.

This madden is more like arena football then madden, how can this game score a 9 with such stale modes and broken gameplay, when there is not one thing NHL or The Show does for their sports gets lower.

Online is a mess, with no penalties for quitters, cant invite friends to ranked matches, and its a shootout of **** proportions.

Strategy pad was a useless addition, as is gameflow, although Gameplanning IS a good concept, too bad the Ai still doesnt work properly with it right now.

KICK RETURNS, they dont BLOCK, LMAO. Again, why did OS not mention any of this barely at all in the reviews, this game is clearly designed at the casual COD gamer who wants to score TDs every drive.

No one can convince me OS has not lost a lot of credibility with their madden review this year.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #173
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

has they said anything about fixing the game pad it sucks?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #174
Rookie

OVR: 2

For uniform options, the Washington Redskins' white socks with the burgundy/gold stripe (which should be their standard socks) and adjustable sock lengths for teams who wear striped socks such as the Chiefs, Lions, Bears, and Broncos. For Gameplay options, the Strategy Pad should be optional (able to be turned on/off). Also, as a PS3 issue, Instant Replays need to be fixed to show the full play afterwards. And for an animation issue, change the receivers stance so that the inside leg (the leg closest to the line of scrimmage) sticks forward.

Last edited by 61woods; 08-14-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #175
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0ss0ver
I was with ya until the bolded part. The play-action works, you just have to have actually run the ball effectively....and not just for 1 or 2 plays. Thats one of many things im likin about the game.
I know the thread is up to 18 pages, and this is back from page 2, but I agree with this.

I was playing a test game, where just about every GameFlow call was some kind of run play (except in obvious passing situations). Finally, after running the ball to frustration (not due to lack of success, but just because EVERY GameFlow call was a run), it called a playaction. The safety bit, and Ted Ginn was left streaking down field WIDE OPEN, and I was able to get the ball to him with Alex Smith for a 60 yard TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »