Home

What is wrong with the defense?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with the defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:27 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: What is wrong with the defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeGreen
Man...this game is trash! The problem with the defense is the auto sprint on offense. With it on, the defense goes into freak mode - missing tackles, overcompensating easy plays, etc...That's why you see so many high scoring games. This game couldn't hold NCAA 11 jockstrap.
I don't know how many times (in only my 3 games of playing) my DB over compensates and the runner easily shifts his momentum to burst upfield. It's like it's easy for the offensive runner to shift momentum, but the defensive players are all idiots, with lead feet.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #18
Rookie

rockbottom3's Arena

OVR: 6

I wouldn't go that far but to each there own
Old 08-12-2010, 02:49 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

There are a couple posts in this thread that touch on some of the issues I have with this game.

Most notably, it feels like an arcade game. Last year's installment was (finally) a step in the right direction towards realism with Madden. But this year feels like a major step backwards.

As far as the run game goes - I concur. Using the 49ers, my run game is beastly. I thought it was due to my o-line additions in Iupati and Davis - and maybe there's something to that, but Jebus man, I own with Gore.

And to the poster that said that All-Madden is unplayable, I feel the same way. My -best- game that I've played on All-Madden thus far is a game I just made a post about - I got beat 56-35 by the Cardinals, because I literally could not stop them when they had the ball. Leinart went off for almost 400, Beanie ran for about 150. I don't think I combined for double digit tackles with my front 7, because I literally could never bring down Beanie Wells (or even any WR making a catch over the middle) with the first tackler. Doucet had multiple 20, 30, 40 yard catches because he'd catch the ball, shake off the first tackler, shake off the second tackler, and take off. Every time. And I'm talking about Patrick Willis, Taylor Mays tackles.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:55 AM   #20
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

By changing the sliders I have had defensive battles. I turned down both QB Acc to 30 and turned both tackling up to 70 and see just a few broken tackles a game which limits the big plays. Now I'm to the point where I almost want the offense frenzy back lol
Old 08-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

I agree with the defense being incompetent at times. However, I could see this being temporarily helped with a tuner set. (Madden has tuner sets, right?) Then permanently fixed with a patch to tighten up the D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 AM   #22
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivo1050
I agree with the defense being incompetent at times. However, I could see this being temporarily helped with a tuner set. (Madden has tuner sets, right?) Then permanently fixed with a patch to tighten up the D.
No Madden won't have tuner sets this year(read it in some thread earlier) but there may be a patch to help but I wouldn't count on it
Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 AM   #23
Banned

StickeeGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acedeck
I don't know how many times (in only my 3 games of playing) my DB over compensates and the runner easily shifts his momentum to burst upfield. It's like it's easy for the offensive runner to shift momentum, but the defensive players are all idiots, with lead feet.
Exactly!!! Go turn auto sprint off and see what happens. But thats just one of the many problems this game presents.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:31 AM   #24
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

It seems worse with the secondary. I played a game as the Bills against the Pats, and Wes Welker had 20 (literally) catches for 248 yards. It was insane. I have my sliders set to hard, and I know the Bills are bad, but that is just ridiculous. He caught about 14 in a row. Couldn't stop him with press, zone, double, nothing.

I shut down Randy Moss, though, or maybe it was Brady not seeing a need to go to him. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »