Home

What is wrong with the defense?

This is a discussion on What is wrong with the defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What is wrong with the defense?

You can literally run circles around defensive players, it seems like a defensive player is always a step slower than a offensive player. What is up with this and how come no one else has complained?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: What is wrong with the defense?

I think it feels like locomotion applies more to the defense and they stop and plant more often giving the offense some wide open plays.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP-AD-28
You can literally run circles around defensive players, it seems like a defensive player is always a step slower than a offensive player. What is up with this and how come no one else has complained?
a lot people have noticed this.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Biggest problem is we haven't got a large developed thread on this, we keep popping up small ones and they get deleted.

This issue is huge and needs attention, it absolutely ridiculous for the game to be so offensively biased and the fact that it could ship like that like it was fine.

I cannot get over trying to switch players on defense and my guy freezes and then i get control of him causing me no ability to keep up with the receiver or get into position to defend the pass, its so frustrating!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Another thing I noticed is how linemen don't hold their blocks worth a s*** and when they double team they don't go to the next level fast enough to prevent the linebacker from making the tackle at the line of scrimmage really frustrating since the developers were drooling over the new running system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: What is wrong with the defense?

The mods lock every small thread and tell you to post in the impressions thread, but big issues like this get lost in those long sticky threads.

I am a very average player. I should not be able to score 36 points before halftime against legit competition. It is so easy to avoid tackles without even needing the right stick. It reminds me of the old days of Madden and even 2k where instead of juking you could run a complete 360 circle with the movement stick and avoid the defender. Was this the intention of the EA developers? It seems that this years iteration was targeted at the casual player, maybe that's why the gameplay is so arcadey now. I don't like it.

EDIT: Before anyone tells me to adjust sliders, I bought this game to play online, which is broken. NEED A PATCH EA!

Last edited by mrod009; 08-12-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

The pass defense on-line is COMPLETELY broken. All people do all game is throw drag routes because they are open 10-15 yards every play. I will not play another game unitl this is 100% fixed. Or I will just wait for NHL 11
Old 08-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
Banned

binarystar's Arena

Its EA trying to appeal to the "noobies"....bring in more "sheep". Why do you think they dumbed this game down so much (strategy pad, gameflow)? Most "casuals" do not care about a realistic football sim....they just want to score touchdowns, and lots of them. EA have officially sold out. They basically gave a big F you to all its long time loyal fans with this release....just to try to appeal to newcomers.....and make easy money. I'm ashamed I wasted $60 on this garbage.

At least EA's NHL series improves each and every year.....you know why? Because EA doesnt hold a monopoly on the NHL license...so they must compete with 2k to make a good hockey game....which they do. The Madden series needs to be crumbled to the ground, restarted, rebooted...and everyone that has worked on Madden the last 3 years needs to be replaced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »