Home

Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

This is a discussion on Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #89
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Again it's impossible to get sacks that aren't coverage sacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf28
....this year for some reason when you hit square to tackle your guys basically just falls instead of diving forward).
yeah, what is that all about? of all things, i'd love to know how that made it into the game. that's not a glitch or bug, that is a coded animation. wtf? lol.

edit: i hate hearing about sliders. they don't work for online. and besides, other games get by without them. uncharted and god of war for example. they play as they should, with no sliders. back to madden, how is it possible for users to out-code a professional developer? the game should just work out of the box. i shouldn't have to go in and clean up mistakes. which is all sliders are for, anyway. but i don't have the patience to tinker with them (i have patience, but not for this.) so maybe you'll mention a slider set. okay, but slider sets are tuned for a specific play style. what works for one won't work for others.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

Last edited by blklightning; 08-14-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: think that's a record number of edits for me. lol.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
yeah, what is that all about? of all things, i'd love to know how that made it into the game. that's not a glitch or bug, that is a coded animation. wtf? lol.

edit: i hate hearing about sliders. they don't work for online. and besides, other games get by without them. uncharted and god of war for example. they play as they should, with no sliders. back to madden, how is it possible for users to out-code a professional developer? the game should just work out of the box. i shouldn't have to go in and clean up mistakes. which is all sliders are for, anyway. but i don't have the patience to tinker with them (i have patience, but not for this.) so maybe you'll mention a slider set. okay, but slider sets are tuned for a specific play style. what works for one won't work for others.
i dont really play anything else outside of madden but the reason other games play well out of the box is because they have more than a year in development. think about it in the time 3 or 4 maddens are released 1 god of war comes out. so in theory they can put almost 4 times as much work into the game.

online the game plays different because ur playing another human not the cpu and things dont show up as much but i agree it would be nice to use em online too.

no one is trying to out-code the developers all we are doing is finding a ways to make the game more appealing to our style of game.
you say sliders are very player specific but cheech and i appear to play the game very similarly. i tried his sliders and they seemed to be a little easy so i made a few changes and after a game madden is actually fun to play again.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
Ok so these are the stats I got with a new set of sliders I set up.

Skins vs Eagles

20-17

Total Offesnse: 352-260

Rushing Yards: 129-67

Passing Yards: 223-193

1st downs: 15-15

Pr yards: 15-2

Kr yards: 48-29

Total yards: 415-291

Turnovers: 1-1

3rd down convs: 9-14 64%-5-12 41%

Red zone tds: 1-2

Red zone fgs: 0-0

Penalties: 4-51-10-121

Time of possession: 31:18 - 28:42

Sliders

Human

Passing

Qb accuracy: 25

Pass blocking: 25

Wr catching: 75

Rushing

Broken tackles: 10

Run blocking: 25

Fumbles: 40

Pass defense

Reaction time: 75

Ints: 75

Pass rushing: 75

Rush defense

Reaction time: 25

Block shedding: 35

Tackling: 0

CPU

Passing accuracy: 25

Pass blocking: 25

Wr catching: 75

Rushing

Broken tackles: 0

Run blocking: 25

Fumbles: 45

Pass defense

Reaction time: 75

Ints: 50

Pass rush: 75

Rush defense

Reaction time: 25

Block shedding: 35

Tackling: 0

I had a blast with these sliders for this game. I am going to play another game see what kind of results I get. I play the pEckers next so should be a good game I think.
ill give these a try but i think the CPU ACC is a little low who knws ill try em out later and let you knw how they r workin
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »