Home

Press Coverage WTF!?!?

This is a discussion on Press Coverage WTF!?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Press Coverage WTF!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
I use press coverage all the time. My team does a good job at press coverage to be honest.
Really? I been getting smoked at Press when playing man to man, and Im playing with the Jets who have 3 very good corners that can press.

Maybe depends on what skill level your playing on? IDK to be honest, but I never had this type of problem on D since I been playing Madden.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #18
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPZ187
\Revis got a better chance of playing this year than the Bills have of still being in Buffalo two years from now
In watching Hard Knock last night, it doesn't seem that far out that he won't be playing.

I know he's being advised his Uncle Sean Gilbert who sat out a year himself, and it worked for him as the Rams caved.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Press coverage works fine this year.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #20
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
In watching Hard Knock last night, it doesn't seem that far out that he won't be playing.

I know he's being advised his Uncle Sean Gilbert who sat out a year himself, and it worked for him as the Rams caved.
Yeah, it doesnt look good.

But if Revis wants to play this year it will be in Green and White, the Jets arent gonna cave or trade him this year as it wont help the team out.

IF he sits out all season then I can see them trading he before the draft.

However the money he wants not many teams would be willing to pay with a salary cap, this isnt MLB.

In the end I think he will be playing this year as a Jet, by week 2 the latest.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #21
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

Oh and Mike Wallace Beat Press rating is only a 73, Revis Press rating is a 92 and Wallace is consistently beating him off the press by 3-6 yards easy.

Definatly not realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #22
Rookie

Uncle Way's Arena

OVR: 8

Are you playing versus the comp or against a person?

Versus the comp... take it off of All-Madden or adjust the sliders.. The AI always cheats to win.. Madden's code isn't good enough for them to win just by playing good football(unlike 2K, but that's an argument for another day)

Versus a person.. Bump it up to All-Madden.. Coverage is a joke on All-Pro and below::
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #23
Rookie

PaPZ187's Arena

I been playing against the computer on All Madden/All Pro (somewhere in between on My Skill).

I will be joining a Online Franchise so will be playing vs people soon, I will try it out vs them and see if its diffrent. I believe we will be playing on ALL MADDEN.

Last edited by PaPZ187; 08-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I don't have a problem with EA making failure a part of the process of press coverage. The problem I have is they did not give us the ability to shade. That's what's needed IMO. Press coverage should be spotty anyways. People are used to pressing every down in this game and holding WR's on the line of scrimmage and that's not realistic either. They better not change the press coverage back to the old way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »