Home

Should EA release a 3-disc set of Madden 12??

This is a discussion on Should EA release a 3-disc set of Madden 12?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Should EA release a 3-disc set of Madden 12??

I figured I should pull in some proof of this before I get flamed to kingdom come:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Way to make me look like a liar Phil.

To clarify, though disc space is an "issue", it also actually isn't an issue. We haven't had to cut a single thing or trim a design or make any call that we didn't want to make as a design team because of disc space. Things like new animations , new screens, new features, new logic, etc aren't even blips on the radar of disc space. The commentary data + the pregame videos, Hologram-Madden videos, and cross sell videos (in EA Sports Extras) together take up more than half the disc....that should provide a little context.

If we wanted to put HD videos on our jumbotrons or something crazy (like multiple broadcast teams) then disc space would indeed be an "issue" for 360. I just don't consider it an issue because it hasn't yet blocked us on anything we want to do for Madden 10. In the future it also seems easy to cut from other areas to make room. Memory on the other hand...ugh...I would kill for just another 256 mb!

Hope that clarifies things.
Also, another thing that causes issues is the time budget for developers. Some features get cut because there just isn't time to do them.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Good news... space isn't the issue.
seriously dont know why anybody thinks space is an issue

PS this idea wouldn't help EA with anything. They would be releasing three football games costing 60 bucks (40-50? sounds like 60 to me) simultaneously. Ridiculous.

Why dont you just ask that ea makes the features they put in the game to be more advanced and in depth rather than asking them to charge you more...for less. A sixty dollar superstar mode? WHAT?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

It's great in theory but, I for one would not pay $100 or there abouts for all three features. I dabble in all three now and enjoy them for the most part. I could see making Online Franchise a DLC for maybe $15 for those who want it, that way it opens up space for SS and OFF Fran and then EA could make them deeper and more engaging. Those are just my thoughts though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
vs. the World

frankplastictrees's Arena

OVR: 7

No way $100. Plenty of games have come out on multiple discs, and retained the same price. Remember the actual physical cost of a dvd disc is just pennies.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Lol what a terrible idea. Time is the issue, not disc space. Right now it appears they have a system where they iterate on a 2 year schedule, so basically every other year should see a big jump in some facet of the game, whether it is franchise, presentation, or whatever. It's not ideal, and I certainly wish there was a cheaper stopgap alternative in the meantime (expansions? Idk) but I think at this point it's pretty clear that this is where these things are headed. Development on these new consoles takes exponentially longer, so it's much more difficult to have the same 1 year jumps we were used to.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #14
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

great ideas, but im 100% sure EA would never do something like this

maybe 99.9%

Old 08-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

I doubt anyone would buy into this, $100 seems too much for something that came all on one disk and only costs $60...even if they finally got Franchise Mode & changed up Superstar Mode right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #16
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

but the thing is disc space isn't what's holding those modes back. It's implementation and time. I'll forgive them superstar mode because football is really difficult to recreate in that situation, but franchise mode should be great. It should be on the NFL Head Coach 09 level, and I'm hoping that will be the case next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »