Home

Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Hw come they decided to not touch offline franchise mode?

Heck, if all they did was drop Head Coach's offseason into Madden, it would be incredible.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Heck, if all they did was drop Head Coach's offseason into Madden, it would be incredible.
They are limited to the 8.5gb of data that can be placed onto a disc at this time. Next generation systems will most likely use BluRay technology and have up to 25-50gb worth of data to work with.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

rather entice fickle fans that buy the game and enjoy it, than 'hardcores' that like franchise but only rent the game to the complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
They are limited to the 8.5gb of data that can be placed onto a disc at this time. Next generation systems will most likely use BluRay technology and have up to 25-50gb worth of data to work with.
I feel the disc size is a cop out in todays current game world. Look at Red Dead and the fact that we had to download the online multiplayer. Almost everyone I know who owns a 360 has a large hardrive. People are willing to download extra modes.

For the most part, most of the space taken up in games is because of audio and visual. The actual data flow and algorithms for franchise mode take up a minimal amount. Think of it as comparing the size of a music file to the size of a notepad document.

I completely agree with the previous statement that Ian promised that the extra point show was only half done last year and was going to get a major overhaul the next year. If memory serves, he said that they would rather have half the feature in place then not put it in at all.

I went over to a friends house to play madden and was surprised that I actually did enjoy the game play aspects. I couldnt get over the fact that franchise mode has basically stayed the exact same way for several years when I have played head coach. They moved several of the HC developers to madden to spice up franchise but over the past 2 maddens they have only brought in premade drafts, a flawed potential system, and in the attempt to salvage the old franchise mode they have continued to use flawed simulation logic.(and they refuse to add depth and longevity to the drafts by making the names random) The question has to be asked, if they have an extensive franchise mode in HC...Why havent they tried to port the basic outline of it to madden and then fit in as many features from it as possible?(and then if it can all fit...add even more to it)
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #13
Banned

Titus1108's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sori
Evidently offline franchise is getting a major overhaul, which hopefully will be in next years game. The decision as I understand it not to put anything new in this year basically came down too putting in only half done features this year or the complete overhaul in the future when its all complete. Hopefully that will be next year.

I would hope it will be in next years game! I unerstand they needed to fix gameplay issues. But imo M10 played just fine, but the franchise mode got so boring! There's nothing in the franchise mode that creates longevity or depth at all.

Give us the ability to run drills with the rookies, have position battles like the old PS2 days. What happened to CB swat ball, and LB and RB drills. I want those back and have it where we can run them with incoming rookies(at least the potential 1st rd guys).

I want a realistic salary cap system like HC has. Make it difficult to build a team, and don't allow us to trade anyone or sign anyone we want just cuz. What happened to player personalities??? I see they have the swagger thing now, so maybe thats a step in that direction. But I want guys like TO to cause team chemistry to go down if on the wrong team. And have team chemistry for the offense and defensive side of the ball, not just an overall one cuz that tells me nothing.

I mean seriously, just little things like that would add some depth. I really cant speak on the draft classes, cuz i get so bored before I get that far i don't see any issues there honestly lol... M12 BETTER have a lot of changes for franchise mode or there's no way I can buy it again like I'm not this year.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #14
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I feel the disc size is a cop out in todays current game world.For the most part, most of the space taken up in games is because of audio and visual.
So taking that input I've decided to take it to another entertainment medium. Movies...

You state that audio and visual are supposedly taking up most of the space (which is true), but would you buy a movie that didn't have subtle audio backgrounds and big **** movie thematic scores? Would Braveheart or Titanic be the same without it?

Now onto visuals....lets say that the limits of the disc were a movies budget. Let's also say you're a producer for the movie avatar and someone told you that in order to make the movies storyline not match that of the older animated movie "Ferngully" that most of the CGI animated scenes would be cut out...would Avatar have won the awards they did...probably not. The visual aspects of Avatar is what made that a blockbuster hit.

So in answer to your rebuttle, audio and visual are just as in important as gameplay aspects if not more. No one wants a game that won't excite the eyes and ears....

Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #15
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
This comment adds nothing to the conversation, but back on topic...

I believe it was because they focused this year on gameplay due to so many complaints about it last year. Plus Franchise got a huge overhaul last year that it had enough staying power to wait to 2012. I understand your frustration though because I, as you, do not play online. They also spent a good amount into online play this year as well. EA has a gameplan set in place for next years game, there probably were a ton of features they wanted to implement this year but didn't have time.....tough with a game that comes out every year.
Explain to me why they didn't have enough time? Ochocino got his copy 20 days before the official release of Madden 11. Madden 11 has been done for quite sometime now, so don't start the "They don't have enough time".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Explain to me why they didn't have enough time? Ochocino got his copy 20 days before the official release of Madden 11. Madden 11 has been done for quite sometime now, so don't start the "They don't have enough time".
I don't work for EA but after reading many years of sport gaming and with Madden itself, here is a timeline they go by.

After the release all of the developers are on hand for about 2 weeks to make sure no release dates issues happen. After that they take about a month off to rest up. They show back up in October and they split the team into two groups (if not more). The group that will continue with the current title and assist with updated rosters and patches, and then a group to start working on ideas for the next season.

Now the ideas float around til about December with little actual hands on creation at that point. Once December hits they go full force because they know by Superbowl they need to have something to excited the gamers for next year's installment. They work non-stop til about late may early june and develop a beta version, then comes an alpha version, then comes a downloaded preview of the game to gamers and then by early to mid july it goes gold.

Then in which they have to make millions of copies of the games for 4 platforms. So they only have about a good 6 months to fully make any changes. This years time was spent on locomotion and implementing an improved AI to go along with GameFlow....next year will be something else that they spend time on...most likely offline franchise. Who knows though....

I dare you to go up to an EA Madden programmer and tell them that they did a horrible job and that they had plenty of time to improve things....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »