Home

HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws?

This is a discussion on HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws?

We all kno about the new OWner's mode but thats not really important. What i want to kno be4 i give madden 2004 a chance (until ESPN NFL football comes out of course) is what has EA sports fixed.As seen in the videos and interviews, VC has proved they have fixed all last years porblems. EA ignores their flaws and just keep adding stuff to cover them. thats only going to cut it for a couple of months. IF ANYBODY COULD PROVE HOW THEY FIXED THIS PROBLEMS, REPLY.

List of last years problems

1. Mario Running
2. Sunction blocking
3. Money plays
4. too much momentum
5. defensive coverage - im tired of scoring all the time. i want to get picked off i could play last years game with my eyes closed because i dont have to see the man get open.
6. Sliding like the football field is a skating ring(people dont slide on grass)
7. Commmentary.... too damn repetitive and boring
8. The only effective move is the juke

Madden is still a great game but if they dont fix this problems dis year their crown will taking away and giving to ESPN NFL FOOTBALL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 04:49 PM   #2
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: HAs EA sports fixed their obvious flaws?

Quote:

Dapo said:
We all kno about the new OWner's mode but thats not really important. What i want to kno be4 i give madden 2004 a chance (until ESPN NFL football comes out of course) is what has EA sports fixed.As seen in the videos and interviews, VC has proved they have fixed all last years porblems. EA ignores their flaws and just keep adding stuff to cover them. thats only going to cut it for a couple of months. IF ANYBODY COULD PROVE HOW THEY FIXED THIS PROBLEMS, REPLY.

List of last years problems

1. Mario Running
2. Sunction blocking
3. Money plays
4. too much momentum
5. defensive coverage - im tired of scoring all the time. i want to get picked off i could play last years game with my eyes closed because i dont have to see the man get open.
6. Sliding like the football field is a skating ring(people dont slide on grass)

Madden is still a great game but if they dont fix this problems dis year their crown will taking away and giving to ESPN NFL FOOTBALL.

noobs these days
Old 07-26-2003, 04:50 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Hmmmmm I don't think anyone here works for EA, you might actually have to look for some developer interviews on the website. Or on August 13th you should post this again and one of the 5 million people that buy it would be able to answer your question as nobody has the game yet.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:51 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

Dapo said:
1. Mario Running
2. Sunction blocking
3. Money plays
4. too much momentum

These are mostly guesses:
1. Doesn't look like it
2. Doesn't look like it
3. Can't really tell, but NCAA didn't really have any/many
4. Hard to tell, doesn't look like they've removed any
5. NCAA did make the DB's much more agressive, so hopefully Madden did too. NCAA did still have problems with the different coverages
6. Never really noticed that
7. Doesn't look like it
8. Playmaker Control should make a lot more affective moves

Just guesses from reading impressions and watching movies.
Old 07-26-2003, 04:57 PM   #5
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

5. According to a guy at another website who has the final version of the game the DBs are much better and it's a lot like NCAA in that you WILL be picked off if you throw into coverage etc etc.

7. There's supposedly some kind of thing that you can click where you get more detailed commentary. (I read it in a Strausser interview) Even if i'm wrong on that the Commentary has been fixed to the point that they will talk about players, coaches, the flow of the game etc etc.

8) Playmaker should fix that but it could be a double edged sword and lead to cheesing we'll see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2003, 04:59 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

i read a interview on Madden and all the guy ever said when they asked him if they fixed the defense was they added the playmaker thing. i think that gay because it will make it even easier this year because it will be just like on live with the freestyle option.
Old 07-27-2003, 11:27 AM   #7
kac
Pro

OVR: 4

If your good enough in madden and you can play good defense theres no such thing as a money play.All you have to do is use your head and adjust.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Last time I checked, I slide on grass when I have momentum. The only time the players slide a lot in Madden is when the field is wet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »