Home

Worth the money!!!

This is a discussion on Worth the money!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Worth the money!!!

OK, so i bought one of those accelerators, the star player I think. Anyway I really like this accel... reason is when I draft a guy (in my offline franchise) not knowing if hes a good player or not (I don't scout) and he turns out to be a bad player,I just use the accel...on him.

Like for instance, I drafted (ncaa import draft class) this WR who was 6'5, overall 45, spd 79, awareness 40 and potential F. When I use the star player acc. his potential went to an A, but everything else stays the same. when the season was over he will prob...go up in overall about 5 to 7 points, depending on what type of season he had.

I really like the star player acc...it really makes my franchise fun and enjoyable. but remember you can only use the star player accel...on one player a year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Worth the money!!!

Not the accelerator of my choice. I purchased the scout accelerators so I get a better chance of finding that gem instead of creating him from nothing.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I did the same thing on fringe starting players... I'd sometimes have rookie, sophmore, players who were in position to take old veteran positions..

Gave them the accelerator and by the next season, they were ready to start even if their playing time was low
Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Should have already been in the game. I guess technically it was for the people who pre ordered the game at gamestop because they give you the 20,000 madden points. But hey, whatever i guess. I would never spend any of my own money on something that should have already been in the game.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
Banned

You right playa...but i didn't use the madden points...I just went ahead an paid the cash...which I think is only 80 or 160 Microsoft points. I did the same thing last year...I found it very useful...but you are right, it should be in the game already...or if your man has and F potential and he go out there an have a good season, then that player potential should go up PERIOD!.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Banned

Well actually you won't be creating him from nothing sir...Think about it for a sec. If you draft a WR and his Potential is a F, well in madden i can have a 1000yrd and 8 touchdown season with that WR and he still would not progress, because he has a freaking F potential dude.
Thats when I used the accel... so if my WR have a season like that then he would go up at the end of the year, because of the A potential he has now. so if his overall was a 50 and he continue to have good seasons in 5 to 7yrs his overall should be in the 90s or close to the 90s. so it works out ok.

Lets not forget these players....Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round look how he turned out. Tony Romo went undrafted look at him now...Kurt Warner etc... so for me sir i like using it.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgotU
Well actually you won't be creating him from nothing sir...Think about it for a sec. If you draft a WR and his Potential is a F, well in madden i can have a 1000yrd and 8 touchdown season with that WR and he still would not progress, because he has a freaking F potential dude.
Thats when I used the accel... so if my WR have a season like that then he would go up at the end of the year, because of the A potential he has now. so if his overall was a 50 and he continue to have good seasons in 5 to 7yrs his overall should be in the 90s or close to the 90s. so it works out ok.

Lets not forget these players....Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round look how he turned out. Tony Romo went undrafted look at him now...Kurt Warner etc... so for me sir i like using it.
The thing is you can find A and B potential players in the later rounds. To each their own but I would rather be proud of finding an A or B potential player in later rounds (a gem) than forcing a 50 OVR player to become a gem from an accelerator. But like I said that's my take on things...I respect your difference of opinion though.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

^^thats incorrect. The coins from gamestop are different. Those are for online scouting. These accelerators do just that's, they speed things up. Instead of spending weeks scouting, they give you every player at those positions. They're cheap, I like them, I use them especially to make sure my imports transfer somewhat properly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »