Home

IR Workaround?

This is a discussion on IR Workaround? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IR Workaround?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Yea you really can't release injuried players which is really annoying straight up. This has been a problem for long time in franchise mode. If real life NFL if a player is injuried for the season and out on IR. That opens a spot on the team for the team to sign a another guy to that postion. The problem is madden has never given that option. But hoping with them revamping franchise mode starting with madden 12 that they will complete redo the IR and allow a spot to be open to hire another play once you put a guy on Ir. This my hope. But for now it is a big issue for franchise mode in madden11. BTW in real life NFL teams would usually pay that injuried guy contract off if he ain't got a hugh one and release him hurt. But again this is something they need to address in franchise mode for madden 12 and beyond.
Madden 2003 had working IR...2 spots max would free up..then it was discontinued..cant remember the reasoning ..
Old 08-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

The IR issue is alot harder to fix than many would believe....As it is now, it INMPOSSIBLE to fix without starting from scratch...Which supposidly M12 will be doing.

Time will tell.

i NEVER put anyone on IR, i just bury them on the depth chart.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
You need 2 TE's as well.
Yeah in fact after I typed that up I thought I missed something because I didnt remember carry an extra OL guy. So I went home and checked my players,

Here is how I did it

QB 3
HB 3
FB 2
TE 2
WR 6
LT 2
RT 2
C 2
LG 2
RG 2

Off total 26

RE 2
DT 4
LE 2
ROLB 2
MLB 2
LOLB 2
CB 5
FS 2
SS 2
plus 1 additional LB or defensive linemen

Def Total 24

K 1
P 1

Total team of 52

You can also minus the additional line backer if you want to use 51. After year one in my franchise I will run with a additional OL men and 6 LB's. If I need to sign someone I will do so for only 1 year depending upon the injury and weeks the player will be out.

It works for me and helps me get around the IR issue, but as I said may not be for everyone. Hope this helps somewhat.
Mets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 36

I usually have the bare minimum 45 players on my team. Sometimes 46 if I choose to carry 5WR.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceguy
Madden 2003 had working IR...2 spots max would free up..then it was discontinued..cant remember the reasoning ..
what d o you mean>? thats the way it is now and has been for over 10 years 55 player rosters they always allow 2 slots free for us for IR and thats it
Old 08-19-2010, 08:13 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

I can't honestly for the life of me figure out why they give us the option to put guys on IR. I figured one of these years they would either fix it, or get rid of it. This could be a big issue this year though with the large amount of injuries that occur in the game.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #15
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

I could not find were to IR players in madden 11 but this needs to be fixed so we can have accurate rosters it sucks when they remove players from the game because they are hurt.

I would love if they added them to FA and let us chose if we want them on our 53 man roster and if you don’t it is like they become FA cause you don’t pick them up
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »