Home

Sliders: a possible answer to EAs problems?

This is a discussion on Sliders: a possible answer to EAs problems? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Sliders: a possible answer to EAs problems?

Ok so there are a lot of posts about how this game plays. Defense is useless, offense is to good etc. Now I know sliders can't be used for online games but for many people they are the answer to offline gameplay.

So why does every year EA release a game with default difficulties (Rookie [R], Pro [P], All-Pro [AP] & All-Madden [AM]) with the sliders at the usual places? Surely there has been a fair bit of gameplay and testing before release and they would be aware the game has some flaws and deficiencies (all assumptions of course).

I believe a few of the guys from OS and some other forums get to go in and have a community day to give EA some feedback on the game. Well how about getting some of the more reputable 'Slider guys' in to do some testing. Even if this is in the 3 weeks leading up to launch. These guys could play the game and tweak the sliders to get the game they prefer, then on the first patch that is always ready for release day the game will download a 'slider set'. You can then upload in the game your preferred slider set and use the various levels (each slider set would have its own Rookie, Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden).

Does this make any sense?

I play predominantly offline franchise and I don't feel like sitting around for several hours trying to tweak the sliders to get the game to play right for me. I don't get that much time to play games so the time I get I don't want to waste on fiddling (I started working on gameplans but that takes forever to set up right too!) with sliders.

EA knows everyone plays the game differently, they acknowledged this by allowing us to tweak the sliders. This could possibly be a solution to a problem, I'm not saying THE solution but maybe an easy patch/fix to the game to ease all the frustration of their loyal customers.

Thoughts? Would this be something you'd be interested in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sliders: a possible answer to EAs problems?

yes it would be something im interested in. I can understand your point of view on not wanting to spend forever on sliders, especially if you dont have the time. The pre tested sliders by trusted members of the OS community would be great, its a good idea. There are however many good ideas that float about on OS that dont get implemented. In this years game even pre tested sliders dont solve the problem of the defense not being good enough even with the sliders available. Set the defensive sliders at 100 and to not get 400 offensive yards a game is a challenge.(unless you make the offense ridiculously unrealistic) Though some may not have the time to mess with sliders I truly believe they are the only answer to pleasing a wide range of gameplay preferences and abilities and Madden 11 simply does not have a wide enough range on the sliders. I do believe Madden could be a good game, it has alot of potential, this potential is held back by not addressing the playing abilities of the hardcore fan and using NCAA's method of slider sets 0-100 for each individual difficulty level and not just having one 0-100 slider set. NCAA is brilliant this year and plays beautifully and can be challenging even to the most experienced gamer.(on offense as well as defense) I dont understand why madden doesnt follow suit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »