Home

Madden 11 sales roughly the same as 10

This is a discussion on Madden 11 sales roughly the same as 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #9
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 11 sales roughly the same as 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bad sales for this year could also point to less budget for the next game with less franchise features.

Just saying, another way to look at, no matter what the take on it is.
Which we could assume would lead to even worse sales numbers for Madden 12.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The true sales will only be revealed at the end of the year when word of mouth has taken place and the NFL season has gotten 3/4s of the way through.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #11
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

been buying madden every year since 01 and i didnt buy it this year so there is at least one HC who didnt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

EA has deep pockets, so no matter how bad their sales are on a particular game, their budget will still be the same. Proof of that is the Medal of Honor series. None of those games sold well beyond the 1st 2 on the PS One. But yet this series is still around and they made roughly 7 or 8 games for it and making another one.

With any other company that series would have been died off and that company would have probably went bankrupt with the amount of duds those games had YEARSSSSSSS in a row.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
EA has deep pockets, so no matter how bad their sales are on a particular game, their budget will still be the same. Proof of that is the Medal of Honor series. None of those games sold well beyond the 1st 2 on the PS One. But yet this series is still around and they made roughly 7 or 8 games for it and making another one.
I tend to disagree with this.

People tend to forget Tibouran laid off a lot of employees last year and their stock price is very low at around the 16 mark.

Plus, sales of Madden have been declining since the switch to NG. So, I don't think it's as deep as everyone thinks it might be.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #14
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I tend to disagree with this.

People tend to forget Tibouran laid off a lot of employees last year and their stock price is very low at around the 16 mark.

Plus, sales of Madden have been declining since the switch to NG. So, I don't think it's as deep as everyone thinks it might be.
Share price went down 2.5% today to $15.5 so maybe sales were not what was expected.
Quote:
From 1989 to 1999, EA's share price went from $7.50 to $70.
To me if the exclusive license is renewed it would have to be at a much lower price.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

this might make them not renew the licenese if they see sales the same and not increasing because i remember reading a article last year they wanted sales to increase thats the whole reason they changed the gameplay.

which is good news because i hope there will be other football games in 2012 ( praying) SCEA , 2k

i find it hard to believe till this moment that franchise mode couldnt be revamped especially from EA sports which has all the resources and all the money in the world to get as many programers needed to do it....... but they must leave something to improve for madden 12 .... this has become a typical routine.

i am really sad that Madden has so many glitches this year on defense and everything i really love football and i hope EA can get on top of this with a fix ASAP ... i would at least respect them more for that.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523

Last edited by Tiko7523; 08-20-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »