Home

Fatigue Rating Really Important

This is a discussion on Fatigue Rating Really Important within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Fatigue Rating Really Important

This may be information useful to slider guys or to guys who do global edits.

I decided to use the 49ers and host the Bengals (as I'm experimenting with sliders).

I noticed that on defense, Takeo Spikes (starting MLB along with Willis) was missing on a bunch of plays. I figured he got injured and checked the medical report and he wasnt listed.

A few plays later, he shows up again, right alongside Willis. Then, he and Willis go away for a couple of plays. Willis returns but Spikes doesn't. In fact, Spikes was missing for a majority of the game.

I finally decided to check the stamina ratings for both players. Willis is 99. Spikes is 78. That certainly accounts for why Spikes missed so much time and Willis only a few plays.

My LB out setting is 79. Back in at 85

Just an observation that I hope someone can do something with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Fatigue Rating Really Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
This may be information useful to slider guys or to guys who do global edits.

I decided to use the 49ers and host the Bengals (as I'm experimenting with sliders).

I noticed that on defense, Takeo Spikes (starting MLB along with Willis) was missing on a bunch of plays. I figured he got injured and checked the medical report and he wasnt listed.

A few plays later, he shows up again, right alongside Willis. Then, he and Willis go away for a couple of plays. Willis returns but Spikes doesn't. In fact, Spikes was missing for a majority of the game.

I finally decided to check the stamina ratings for both players. Willis is 99. Spikes is 78. That certainly accounts for why Spikes missed so much time and Willis only a few plays.

My LB out setting is 79. Back in at 85

Just an observation that I hope someone can do something with
That is some good info.... I would definitely like to know some more info on fatigue and how it works.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

I've done several things. First, I increased fatigue to 55. Secondly, I set all my positions to leave at 75 and return at 87. What I get is a decent cycle on my defensive line, and a realistic expectation of subs at other positions.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 32

The 49ers also run a 3-4 so Spikes plays special teams. He gets tired quicker because of the special teams. This should be addressed for 3-4 teams, but sadly it's not.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I noticed Spikes going out frequently too. I was like who's this McKillop tool? Next play user picked with him lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, fatigue is important. When the auto-subs are right you get an amazing game, because it really comes down to your depth. I just had a drive with the Ravens where I went around 40 yards with Rice on a outside run, only to see it called back because Dickson was caught holding. That play really affected Rice's fatigue and I decided to pass instead.

From experience I know that RT Gaither (STA 65) and several of my defensive linemen has a problem with fatigue, so I have to make sure to always I have decent backups.

Does anyone know if the auto-sub settings apply for the CPU as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »