Home

Your Madden Soundtrack?

This is a discussion on Your Madden Soundtrack? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Your Madden Soundtrack?

Total lack of hip hop, makes the soundtrack crap. Just two hip-hop songs, bad job EA. We don't want this metal bullcrap.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 08-21-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

This year's theme was that the songs in the game would be the ones you hear in stadiums. That is both a blessing and a curse, because majority of the songs played at stadiums are so well known by everyone, it tends to get old FAST. This is the 2nd year in a row I've known 80% of the songs, and I just end up tuning it out already. So I'm in the minority it seems (Hard rock/metal fan and musician), but they need to try to get songs that:

A) Aren't overkill by the second week you own the game (EVERYONE already knew a LOT of these songs I'm sure)

B) Have that "Madden" feel, no matter what genre. Maybe not in the lyrics specifically having to do with football, and this criteria is extremely objective.

C) People will want to hear over and over again due to not allowing custom soundtracks in the truest sense.

That said, here is my personal style of music that I WILL be flamed for, but I would love to see in Madden (or as soon as we can get custom soundtracks). No rap or hip-hop, not because I don't like it, but it just doesn't fit in my list. I'm not hatin'.

A Looking in View- Alice in Chains

This Calling- All That Remains

No World For Tomorrow- Coheed and Cambria

As I Am- Dream Theater

New Skin- Incubus

Live Wire- Motley Crue

Real Hard Headed- The Parlor Mob

The Lever- Silverchair

Nothing To Say (feat M. Shadows)- Slash

Loud and Clear- The Sleeping

Sulfur- Slipknot

Vicarious- Tool

Unchained- Van Halen

As I said...this is purely what I would have if I had the ability to make custom soundtracks. No music wars please.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
No rap or hip-hop
I suggest you delete that. It's very confrontational.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 12:45 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I suggest you delete that. It's very confrontational.

Well, when you single it out like that, it could be. It isn't if you read what I said around it. You know, how it wasn't blending with the other song choices. Nothing in there says "I don't want rap/hip-hop in Madden." or "I don't like hip hop"...because I do... it said, "It didn't fit with the rest of my list"

Not to mention the disclaimer stating this was only personal taste. Me liking a different kind of music than say, you, is not confrontational and that isn't the goal at all...hence all the "don't shoot" style warnings around my post.

Refer to the bottom of my post:

As I said...this is purely what I would have if I had the ability to make custom soundtracks. No music wars please.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 08-22-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
This year's theme was that the songs in the game would be the ones you hear in stadiums. That is both a blessing and a curse, because majority of the songs played at stadiums are so well known by everyone, it tends to get old FAST. This is the 2nd year in a row I've known 80% of the songs, and I just end up tuning it out already. So I'm in the minority it seems (Hard rock/metal fan and musician), but they need to try to get songs that:

A) Aren't overkill by the second week you own the game (EVERYONE already knew a LOT of these songs I'm sure)

B) Have that "Madden" feel, no matter what genre. Maybe not in the lyrics specifically having to do with football, and this criteria is extremely objective.

C) People will want to hear over and over again due to not allowing custom soundtracks in the truest sense.

That said, here is my personal style of music that I WILL be flamed for, but I would love to see in Madden (or as soon as we can get custom soundtracks). No rap or hip-hop, not because I don't like it, but it just doesn't fit in my list. I'm not hatin'.

A Looking in View- Alice in Chains

This Calling- All That Remains

No World For Tomorrow- Coheed and Cambria

As I Am- Dream Theater

New Skin- Incubus

Live Wire- Motley Crue

Real Hard Headed- The Parlor Mob

The Lever- Silverchair

Nothing To Say (feat M. Shadows)- Slash

Loud and Clear- The Sleeping

Sulfur- Slipknot

Vicarious- Tool

Unchained- Van Halen

Im enjoying some of these so far, thanks.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 3

I usually listen to my ipod anyways but if I had to construct a soundtrack for madden it would look something like this:

Jake Leg - Baroness
Just God Paid - ZZ Top
The Youth - MGMT
Sunless Saturday - Fishbone
Emerald - Thin Lizzy
Doctor Doctor - UFO
Walking On A Dream - Empire of the Sun
Easy Livin' - Uriah Heep
No More Mr. Nice Guy - Alice Cooper
The Reeling - Passion it
Ghost - Clutch

Primarily classic/hard rock with a sprinkle of neo-psychedelic synth pop like MGMT, EOTS etc... Just like the guy said above, this is all based of personal taste, I don't have anything against rap/hip hop but I just don't have an ear for it.

Last edited by Naked Ahab; 08-22-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

bump, would like to see more of everyones soundtracks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »