Home

I really hate Chris Collinsworth when he says...

This is a discussion on I really hate Chris Collinsworth when he says... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: I really hate Chris Collinsworth when he says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCheese
When he says the line about being picked off. I can't figure out why, but when he says "picked off" it sounds stupid to me.
thats gus and he screams it at you lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 16

HOW ABOUT THAT STUPID BULLCRAP TONY ROMO QUOTE??? "We went back and timed his release against the ALL-TIME greats and his was as fast or faster than any of them..." Ok wow Who cares? Tony Romo is not (nor will he ever be) an "All-Time Great" so the time it takes for him to release the football is irrelevent.

P.S.

I doubt they even timed anything...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 24

"They called a blitz. That's the time when a veteran quarterback should see that and change the play.(something like that)"

But, I'll be playing a rookie QB at the time......

Another related one: "He trusts his arm, sometimes a little too much".......again, a rookie QB will be playing.

(Madden 10, BTW)

Last edited by Segagendude; 08-23-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #44
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

When your RB gets tackled in the back-field
Something like, "The RB will start peeking around there..."

In my game he says this like 20x a game
Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #45
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sort of Irish
There was that one from '10 where he said something along the lines of:

"Back in the day quarterbacks and wide receivers would run plays at night and still be able to hit their target."

Something to that effect. Really annoying.

I also hate when he's talking during the warm up, "I had a chance to talk to these two guys before the game..." etc.

Bottom line: for the most part I play with my TV muted and either listen to music or Bill Simmons podcasts on my computer. Sometimes I'll even listen to episodes of the Office... all that is more interesting and less annoying than the same commentary over and over again.

As I was writing this - I'm playing Madden right now - I heard this little gem. Gus says something like about passing and Chris jumps in with, "passing on every down seems like a better idea."
"I've heard stories of players back in the day who could throw and catch in complete darkness. I think that's the kind of timing we're seeing ut here today." or something along those lines. At Community Day I was playing a Heads up game against adembroski and the game bugged out on us, I thought "why not?" and ran the play anyway and actually completed the pass. After the play I paused, he was half laughing and half in awe when I quoted that line and then he started rolling. one of my favorite fun moments of CD to be honest.

Sigh... anyway, I can't stand Chris Collinsworth at all in that game. Also, there are a lot of old Tom Hammond lines he used to play off of that Gus doesn't have. For example, after going 3 and out Tom used to say, "Perhaps they should look to mix it up a little more next time." Now Gus Johnson just says something about going 3 and out or being forced to punt and Chris still shoots back "... I don't know, they looked pretty mixed up to me. [chuckling] I mean, nothing seemed to go right no that series." There are more, but I hear that one the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #46
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
HOW ABOUT THAT STUPID BULLCRAP TONY ROMO QUOTE??? "We went back and timed his release against the ALL-TIME greats and his was as fast or faster than any of them..." Ok wow Who cares? Tony Romo is not (nor will he ever be) an "All-Time Great" so the time it takes for him to release the football is irrelevent.

P.S.

I doubt they even timed anything...
Its true. He is no all-time great, but his release is in fact as quick as Chris says.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Its true. He is no all-time great, but his release is in fact as quick as Chris says.
Didn't look very fast against the vikings last year
Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Didn't look very fast against the vikings last year
Sha-blam! That just happened!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »