Home

Am I the only one?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #25
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Am I the only one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWurm7
Madden finally feels like real football. The locomotion system is a huge improvement. The lineman actually block now, and no its not perfect, but for the first time they actually block. And the receivers make wonderful plays on the sideline and in the endzone. Throwing a fade to Calvin Johnson for a TD never felt so realistic.

Best Madden release in ages.
But how can it feel like real football gameplay when you see 5 guys just bounce off of an invisible force field during a tackle animation?

If it wasn't for this, I actually think I would give Madden a shot this year.

But man, this happens on virtually every play, and the fact that only one defender can tackle or impact a tackle sequence is just atrocious to me.

I just can't get over this one.. its inexcusable.
If they fixed this, I would buy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #26
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
But how can it feel like real football gameplay when you see 5 guys just bounce off of an invisible force field during a tackle animation?

But man, this happens on virtually every play, and the fact that only one defender can tackle or impact a tackle sequence is just atrocious to me.

I will comment on this one.

With slider adjustments(sorry LT I've been using them for a decade, not going to change now) I see more Pro-Tak working than 5 guys acting like bowling pins.

I was surprised the last few games I've played that Pro-Tak was actually working the way it should and I saw less bowling pins. Is it completely gone? No. It still shows up in games but way less frequent than your every play analogy.

The last game I played had several three man tackles.

And quite honestly I'm fed up with no consecutive tackles, but the last few games have eased my mind.

Last edited by roadman; 08-23-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Basically roadman summed this one up perfectly. With a few slider adjustments, this is vastly improved in this year's version. Does it still occur? On occassion, but not nearly as much as it did in the past.

So again, Madden finally feels somewhat like real football. It is a game, so it's never gonna be the real thing exactly, but this year was a wonderful step in the right direction
Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #28
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

With slider adjustments(sorry LT I've been using them for a decade, not going to change now) I see more Pro-Tak working than 5 guys acting like bowling pins.

I was surprised the last few games I've played that Pro-Tak was actually working the way it should and I saw less bowling pins. Is it completely gone? No. It still shows up in games but way less frequent than your every play analogy.

interesting.. can you tell me exactly what slider(s) impact the level of protak tackles?

I was not aware of any sliders that changed the protak behavior.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

And quite honestly I'm fed up with no consecutive tackles, but the last few games have eased my mind.
i hate when people use the sliders excuse...i hate sliders!!!!!...will never use them in a game EVER
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
interesting.. can you tell me exactly what slider(s) impact the level of protak tackles?

I was not aware of any sliders that changed the protak behavior.
Sure no problem.

Lower the broken tackle slider and raising the tackling slider.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #31
Banned

Plache's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Quick history on myself in the OS forums. I have simply not enjoyed Madden in the next gen era.

I have posted some displeasure at Ian, making predictions about how the title will sell. I was pretty accurate every single year.

Now comes Madden 11, and I see a lot of threads in the direction of negativity.

To be honest Im slightly surprised.

This is the 1st Madden I have enjoyed a great deal. I have seen many threads about coverage, and sacking the Qb, and other concerns, but I have been able to remedy those issues easily with the sliders in this game.

Im simply loving Madden 11, and I was wondering am I the only one of the gamers from the past that has had a hatred for Madden since the birth of the XBOX 360, and PS3. That now enjoys this Madden?

Im just finding it hard to see how some can not enjoy this game. Is anyone else out there now enjoying this game? That did not enjoy any of them from the past?
Play it online where there are no sliders. See how much you enjoy 54-51 games nearly every time. Enjoy people abusing the AI with a safety for a sack, or instant pressure EVERY time. Enjoy the kicking meter that is so sluggish, a 3 out of 4 PAT success rate is pretty ok. Never mind kicking field goals.....esp. if your wonderful opponent is playing with his modem. Yeah, this game is grrrrrrrreat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #32
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Even if the above is true, which I have to admit, I am skeptical of (no offense to you roadie), but even if all this is true, it would still not make the game much better.

The Pro-tak moments are not done well in the first place, so adjusting a slider to get them to happen more often, is not remotely a fix for the tackling, to me. Not by a long shot.

Whether the defenders are falling down like bowling pins, or they are all standing around the runner singing kumbaya, waiting for the runner to do his patented break out of a 7 man "gang tackle" animation, still ends up with the same result. The person on defense hoping and praying that the animation slot machine, doesn't dial up an 80yd TD.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »