Home

What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE?

This is a discussion on What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #25
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE?

I would love the ability to hide the ratings and potential. Let it be an option, you can either have ratings shown or let them be hidden if you want.

If hidden players would have scouting reports in place of ratings. Scouting report would tell you what style of player it is and his strengths/weaknesses. Instead of going to player management right after the draft and knowing which picks were hits/misses you would need to go into games. You would have to play with the player on the field and see how well he did to know if he was a keeper.

Instead of knowing how well he was going to progress based on potential, you would have to see how he looked in the next pre season. Maybe give players a perceived value rating to help with CPU depth charts/free agent signings. Instead of overall being based on ratings let it be based on stats/draft spot. A 1st round rookie will be rated high until he either performs and stays high or plays poorly and drops.

I would also like to see the draft in general have storylines. They are already making 30 unique classes. What if they put together a video for each one and gave the rookies something more than just a name? Have people like Kiper giving you his mock draft and his thoughts on the top players. Hear about their college success or that they are a system player and won't perform in the NFL. Make it feel like something big is going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 12:10 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 7

TRAINING CAMP!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
One thing not mentioned that I would like. It seems that no matter how much time the developers spend on trade logic it'll never please everyone.

Give me one Franchise option that I can toggle On/Off. That would be the ability to approve or decline any and all trades in the league. That way if two teams that I don't control get together on a ridiculously lopsided deal I can negate it or approve it.

Its a minor option but having a final say in CPU-CPU trades would be a small improvement.
This feature would be delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Changing weather that actually changes how you play the game. Rain changing to snow, actual accumulations that has depth instead of just player foot prints. Puddles forming on the field that causes players to slip and fall. Weather that starts, stops, gets heavy or light, flurry, blizzard, ice conditions. Wind that changes by the minute instead of just for a quarter or half. Different stadium music for each stadium. Halftime show instead of watching stupid replays! Scores of other games in your franchise or season as they are happening.
So, once again, "BETTER PRESENTATION"? It'd be nice, but christ, people.

Quote:
bring back career ending injuries!
They're still in the game.

Quote:
ALL WISHFUL THINKING as they are not talented enough to pull this off.
I'm amazed this one didn't end with a ******** comment about NFL 2K5. Well, it's still stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimmortal
EA said for madden 12 they were lookin' to improve Franchise Mode and Superstar ...

so i'm jus throwin' out all the ideas i can think of ... hopefully something sticks...

i definitely think we need the option to simulate passed modes or to have certain features handled automatically instead of manually ... for players who jus wanna get on the field ...

and every game mode..minicamp, training camp, practice, etc.. that i mentioned would definitely have some effect (e.g. a ratings boost) on your team's play during the game ...

i'm a offline franchise guy ... and if they improve nfl superstar mode .. i think that has the potential to be a great mode too!!
Well, you can just simulate plays in Super Sim, I'm not really sure why you'd want to just simulate all of a certain kind of play, but whatever.

I'd love to see Superstar get the same kind of love it did on last generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
But when that game sold badly why bring it over. Does that make business sense. I think franchise mode will still be casual friendly.
People wouldn't stop buying Madden because they made Franchise deeper. It sold fine when that mode was deep!

By the way, if we're trying to argue about casual gamers - I highly doubt they'd even bother with the off-season as it currently is.

Nice to hear they're beginning work on Franchise mode. I feel they've got the gameplay in a nice spot for a year or two, doesn't need more major changes. Just tweak some stuff like Gameflow and it'll be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
I would love the ability to hide the ratings and potential. Let it be an option, you can either have ratings shown or let them be hidden if you want.

If hidden players would have scouting reports in place of ratings. Scouting report would tell you what style of player it is and his strengths/weaknesses. Instead of going to player management right after the draft and knowing which picks were hits/misses you would need to go into games. You would have to play with the player on the field and see how well he did to know if he was a keeper.

Instead of knowing how well he was going to progress based on potential, you would have to see how he looked in the next pre season. Maybe give players a perceived value rating to help with CPU depth charts/free agent signings. Instead of overall being based on ratings let it be based on stats/draft spot. A 1st round rookie will be rated high until he either performs and stays high or plays poorly and drops.
Now this is the kind of well-written, well thought out idea I can get behind.

Quote:
I would also like to see the draft in general have storylines. They are already making 30 unique classes. What if they put together a video for each one and gave the rookies something more than just a name? Have people like Kiper giving you his mock draft and his thoughts on the top players. Hear about their college success or that they are a system player and won't perform in the NFL. Make it feel like something big is going on.
Personally I hate the pre-made draft classes, but they could still do something with storylines in a randomly generated class. They still rank each player's position, so it could adapt. If that makes any sense.

I.E., 2 "Top 5" rated QBs have a "Who goes first?" storyline. Or if a player drops from, say, the Top 10 to the 2nd Round.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9
Question Was announcing big changes to Franchise Mode in Madden 12 the right move?

The Madden development team announced that we will see a significant upgrade to the Franchise mode in Madden 12. (Source: http://maddennfl.easports.com/blog.a...atureAndUpdate paragraphs 2 and 3)
With that statement they have set the bar very high for themselves as well as the expectations from us, the consumer. Can they create a franchise mode with presentation that will finally put the 2k5 comparison to rest once and for all? (I love Madden’s presentation upgrades but 2k5 still after 5 years and a console later the best presentation I have ever seen)Can they implement the depth that made Head Coach 09 great even better from a controlling of a franchise aspect of the game? These are just two of the questions that should be on a big board in the office of the Madden Team.

The statements that Phil made, “We feel great about where we’ve taken the foundation of Madden NFL and are ready to refocus on building Franchise and SuperStar from the ground up. We have already assembled a team fully dedicated on setting the vision for what Franchise and Superstar modes can and should be in the future. Since we are starting with a clean canvas heading into Madden NFL 12, we want the community to help us shape our direction- starting NOW. Let us know what you’d like to see in Madden career modes in the future. We’re not just looking for small add-ons either. We want your big ideas. What would revolutionize career modes in your opinion?” has put a target on the Madden franchise. If Madden 12 does not have a Franchise mode that will change the face of sports gaming as it did back in 99 when they first introduced the Franchise Mode, (That introduction of the ability to play multiple seasons laid the foundation for what we see in franchise modes today. From MLB: The Show to NBA 2k’s series) then Madden will, in my opinion, continue to slide and lose the hardcore Madden fan that invest in the dynasty feature.

Post your Madden franchise mode suggestions here
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/868337.page

Above is the link to where they are taking suggestions
Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Was announcing big changes to Franchise Mode in Madden 12 the right move?

While I think it is marketably correct to pick the brains of consumers, here is my beef with this "use the community for ideas" card that all game companies are now playing.

Do they not pay employees to come up with ideas? It shouldn't be that difficult to pull ideas from within the staff, ESPECIALLY when you are the only licenced product for a particular market. It's not like they will be in jeopardy of "copying" another product. And to top it off, even though we come up with the ideas to help sell the game, the price remains the same.

"Hey! Madden NFL used my great idea and sales have climbed because of it! But what's really great is I got to pay $63.35 to let them profit from my idea!"

Say this to yourself and just listen how bass ackwards it really is.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 36

They never said they'd have a legit franchise mode by M12. They said clean slate...Which COULD mean 2-3 years before we see what everyone wants to see.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
While I think it is marketably correct to pick the brains of consumers, here is my beef with this "use the community for ideas" card that all game companies are now playing.

Do they not pay employees to come up with ideas? It shouldn't be that difficult to pull ideas from within the staff, ESPECIALLY when you are the only licenced product for a particular market. It's not like they will be in jeopardy of "copying" another product. And to top it off, even though we come up with the ideas to help sell the game, the price remains the same.

"Hey! Madden NFL used my great idea and sales have climbed because of it! But what's really great is I got to pay $63.35 to let them profit from my idea!"

Say this to yourself and just listen how bass ackwards it really is.
Or, you could take the approach the College Football and ask people what they wanted in their game next year.

Seemed to work for them.

Also, to the OP, I'm hoping that franchise mode is improved in 12, but nowhere in that blog does it state franchise mode will be overhauled in 12. There is no date mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #32
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I only play franchise mode, so I was pretty unimpressed this year. There's alot of room to flesh out the experience, they need to better address presentation weekly, like the 2k5 weekly recap show, heck I even liked getting my players on the old SI covers in last gen NCAA. There needs to be more storytelling. And the draft is such ann event now, they need deep cut scenes for the draft, just as starters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »