Home

What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE?

This is a discussion on What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 12:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Was announcing big changes to Franchise Mode in Madden 12 the right move?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
They never said they'd have a legit franchise mode by M12. They said clean slate...Which COULD mean 2-3 years before we see what everyone wants to see.

I'm not saying all or nothing in one year. At least a lot of things people have been screaming for on wishlist for years and build from there. I'm a Franchise junkie and the blandness of it is heartbreaking.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #34
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: What exactly do we all want in a GREAT FRANCHISE MODE?

merged the 2 franchise threads guys...discuss
Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #35
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Probably mentioned already, but dynamic injuries ala Head Coach '09. It's cool to see a player heal but still have that body part as susceptible to another injury similar to it later on. Damaged goods!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

The problem here is that they can't win. The way I see it, there are three main paths Madden could take with the Madden 12:

Path 1: They focus ONLY on Franchise and Superstar modes. If they spent the entire production cycle doing just that, they would put out fantastic career modes that would be deep and immersive. It would solve a ton of the problems everyone has. HOWEVER, nothing more than minor changes would be made to gameplay, presentation and animations. There wouldn't be a solution to the defensive problems everyone is having, and the game would play almost exactly the same.

Path 2: They create a defensive title. Remember how 04 had ridiculous scores? Well they came out in 05 with the Hit Stick, and a ton of other improvements to the defensive side of the ball--which led to some of the most realistic gameplay Madden has ever had. However, all of us who wanted new career modes will be upset that, again, they blew us off for another year.

Path 3: They attempt to do a little of both. Seeing as Phil said they need to start from a clean slate, that means a completely reworked, but very basic Franchise mode this year, and some decent improvements to gameplay, etc.

As you can see, the two big problems (gameplay/career modes) can't be fixed in one cycle. So they really can't win. The only thing I could take from that interview is that he said they're starting with a clean cycle--which means that Madden 12 won't have the same Franchise mode, but it theoretically could be worse.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
merged the 2 franchise threads guys...discuss
Ryan my post was more so concerning the Dev team creating added pressure on themselves by announcing a total overhaul of franchise mode. Not a Franchise mode wish list.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
I'm not saying all or nothing in one year. At least a lot of things people have been screaming for on wishlist for years and build from there. I'm a Franchise junkie and the blandness of it is heartbreaking.
No bro its two years that they have been working on this big thing for 12 so lets hope if nothing else they at least make it fun to draft and go to the the superbowl by recording superbowl wins in players award history as well as superbowl MVP should be recorded as well. Ive been asking for this in the game for so long and its the smallest thing and the easest to add in, I thought by now Ian and Co. would see how this needs to be in and would of patched it in by now.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:36 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also would like to see them go deep into the draft, By having all first round picks walk across the stage and put the hat on an shake goodell's hand and hold up the jersey of the team that draft them. While doing this they can have the fans of each team like they already have in the crowd cheering or booing when the player is walking across the stage, But show the fans in a cut scene then back to the player with them taking pictures.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

You guys remember the preseason position battles? It made the preseason mean something in madden. For example you might have a battle to see who enters the season as the #2 receiver and how takes the slot role. Same thing for starting LG or FS, nickel back, etc.

I was thinking about this today I and I LOVED that part of franchise mode. Because after the preseason it set your depth chart appropriately and you had the guys who played best win the last spots on the roster. It had built in logic, for example, your #1 stud receiver wasn't going to lose his #1 spot to a late round draft rookie. It was a great "little thing" that made preseason actually meaningful, and FUN.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »