Home

Flaws in Madden finally admitted

This is a discussion on Flaws in Madden finally admitted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 10:19 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Flaws in Madden finally admitted

Quote:

Moegames said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
My goodness guys, If you hate Madden so much why do you care if it is flawed in any area or not. Is Your hatred for madden starting to control your actions by looking for flaws in it? I mean, it could be true that this is one of the flaws, and from my own personal standpoint I believe it might be, but gesshh, let it rest. The 2k series doesn't need you to defend it, it will speak for itself. Neither does it need for anyone to go pointint out the weaknesses in its competition, if there are weaknesses ESPN Football will point those out.

I guess people are just wanting Sega's title to get the credit where its due espeically from reviewing sites that millions view daily. I myself am pissed by this..it boggles my mind how a company that can sit on a title for 4 years in a row and milk the crap out of it with minimal improvments each year while at the same time it keeps getting higher scores then sega's title which improves time and time again each year. They dont simply just slap the new year on their box art, they actually get innovative with new features and improve gameplay.

I gave NFL2k3 a chance last year and got bored with it....

This year I am going back to Madden...But that is my preference and shouldn't have any effect on you whatsoever...

I think VC get's alot of credit...It has Flaws too...

There WILL never be a perfect Football game...EVER
Old 07-29-2003, 10:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

moderators, why aren't all these ESPN football fanatics not warned or banned? The guy who created this thread has no interest in Madden yet he comes to the board to gloat about a negative complaint that wasn't even there. This thread is crap and should be closed and for you ESPN [censored you naughty boy], stay on your message board. Nobody here gives a damn about your game and that is why we all are buying Madden and trying to have normal conversations about the game.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Brett1227 said:
moderators, why aren't all these ESPN football fanatics not warned or banned? The guy who created this thread has no interest in Madden yet he comes to the board to gloat about a negative complaint that wasn't even there. This thread is crap and should be closed and for you ESPN [censored you naughty boy], stay on your message board. Nobody here gives a damn about your game and that is why we all are buying Madden and trying to have normal conversations about the game.

To a point I agree, just would of took a diffrent tone. This is the Madden boards. Guy comes on Says IGN said this and that about maddens DB AI flaws. I didnt see it no where..I could be missing something. But let the mods do their jobs..They lock it if they feel it should be =)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 10:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

LOL.

My experience with the Sega line has been excelent comentary for arena football on a 100 yard field instead of a 50 yard field.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:55 PM   #13
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

moderators, why aren't all these ESPN football fanatics not warned or banned? The guy who created this thread has no interest in Madden yet he comes to the board to gloat about a negative complaint that wasn't even there.

No. He didn't. This was originally posted on the ESPN Board. As a discussion of a Madden 2004 preview it is off-topic there. So I moved it.

You'll note that the description for this Madden 2004 Forum is not "Praise Madden In Here!" or "Show Your Madden Love!" - this is for discussion of a certain game. These game-specific forums are not designed to keep squabbling groups of children playing nicely.

"stay on your message board"? Give me a break.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The best way to deal with trolls is to simply ignore them.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:34 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Brett1227 said:

seeing as how we all live in a country where we have a thing called freedom of speech, people have the right to excercise this and speak what they feel. i see no problem with that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 11:42 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Where did they say something bad about Madden DB AI? Unless im missing something what I read was all positive.

"One of the main complaints throughout the history of Madden has been the inept play of the defensive backs. In past years, it didn't matter if you had Deion Sanders or Mike Rumph out there on a wideout, the game was going to be a shootout, and your cover corner was the man to get burned. Thankfully, that's no longer the case. Not only will corners and safeties make plays on balls and swat them away, defensive playmakers will pick passes, and like the real NFL, even run them back to the house and make the opposition pay for testing their skill. In this video, Aeneas Williams of the Rams makes Jeff Garcia pay with not only the INT, but with a 96-yard return for a touchdown. Finally, a defense that actually makes a difference. "

THANK YOU!!! it is really sad when someone makes up something to try to make madden look bad... it is obvious from ign's write up (i have read it myself) that they are EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with the improved db a.i.

"Not only will corners and safeties make plays on balls and swat them away, defensive playmakers will pick passes, and like the real NFL, even run them back to the house and make the opposition pay for testing their skill" whoever started this thread, can you give us a link to where ign said the db a.i. was still bad?? i didn't think so!! it is very obvious that this site has become mainly about a certain football game, and it is not madden, ncaa, or fever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »