Home

Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick

This is a discussion on Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick

IMO all WRs drop too many passes period in this game. Steve Smith averages like 2 a game.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:47 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4

Easy solution - develop ur run game first. That will setup gaps around the field. In the first couple of plays, identify ur opponents main defense schemes. If he does more zone or man. With this u will choose what types of passes throw. Thats the most important part, just use what the defense gives you. Another biggie is to determine your opponents skill to see if you should play all or nothing or conservitive. Ise your first 5 offensive plays to figure this out. If he calls a play and does absolutely nothing to it, chances are hes a bad to average player. If everytime you set a play and you see his D-line shift, players move etc. Chances are youre playing with someone who knows what hes doing. Also what team do you use thats a big thing also if your using a player like josh freeman compared to drew brees. When you know his defense, you know his weaknesses and what most madden players have is 1 gameplan for a game and run the same types of plays offensively(spelt wrong ) and defensively. Always have some back up plans. Any way if you know hes a man coverage guy, run plays like slants. If he does zone, see if its cover 3s or 2s and you'll destroy him.

My criteria- 19-3. Online franchise week 10 Vince Young(79 accuracy) - 125/136(9 dropped passes) 0int 2007yds .... Along with 800rushing yds for 88att for 17tds
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm talking about offline franchise really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 03:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can't really say anything feels wrong. My first year with the Raiders Jason Campbell threw 12 INTs to 17 TDs which was okay I thought. I let him go to free agency and grabbed Alex Smith. My INTs with Smith jumped considerably which is frustrating but I sort of expected it.

I've never actually played a franchise with an elite QB so usually I throw between 15 and 25 INTs a season. Last year I used a Madden generated QB - I think his name was Robert Cole - I threw 11 TDs and 4 INTs one season. My ground game was money though and I didn't really need to go to the air too often. Either way, lowest amount of INTs or TDs for that matter I've ever thrown in a season.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 AM   #13
Rookie

Using Mike32Ownz sliders no game plan but using game flow on my offline season 2 Broncos chise, I have managed 18 Tds and 0 ints with Tebow. So far my diamond in the rough is Eric Decker with 7 TDs in 8 games. Not exactly sure how I have managed to do this considering that Tebow is only a 79 ovr. There have been some close calls but so far so good (knock on wood).
Old 08-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 33

some games i go 4tds 4 picks. others 8 tds 0 picks.

others 1-0. others 1-2. just depends.

run the ball more lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #15
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well every QB in the NFL throws a pick once a game most of the time. There is no way of protecting agaist throwing a INT unless you throw alot of underneath routes and drag routes or slants. But other then that. When you try to throw down field. The odds of throwing INt increase big time. That's the way it is in real life NFL to. So I really don't see no problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well every QB in the NFL throws a pick once a game most of the time. There is no way of protecting agaist throwing a INT unless you throw alot of underneath routes and drag routes or slants. But other then that. When you try to throw down field. The odds of throwing INt increase big time. That's the way it is in real life NFL to. So I really don't see no problem.
I will have to say that the middle of the field has been a gold mine for Eric Decker. He has had nothing but an out of this world video game performance in all the games I have played in year 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »