Home

Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick

This is a discussion on Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick

No matter how hard I try, no matter how safe I make my throws.

I just tried to throw a screen and it bounced off the back of the RB's head (why didn't he turn?) and into the hands of the SS who was on a blitz.

And the SS grabbed it like instantaneously out of the air despite not being in a position to do so.

And I thought I got picked off a lot in Madden 08...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Man I just cannot go a game without throwing a pick

I have trouble going games without throwing a pick too, I've had D-linemen pick me before despite them being engaged with a blocker when my errant throw(that was made while being hit) just landed in their hands while they were trying to get free from the blocker.

I don't count the no lookers that CB's and Safeties make sometimes.

Sometimes I DO make a bad choice while passing and get it picked off but most of the time I have nice throws though. I've been throwing 20 picks a season since I can remember.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdog323
I have trouble going games without throwing a pick too, I've had D-linemen pick me before despite them being engaged with a blocker when my errant throw(that was made while being hit) just landed in their hands while they were trying to get free from the blocker.

I don't count the no lookers that CB's and Safeties make sometimes.

Sometimes I DO make a bad choice while passing and get it picked off but most of the time I have nice throws though. I've been throwing 20 picks a season since I can remember.
Madden 08 was really the last time I had 20-pick seasons (hell I had 30 ones), Madden 09 and 10 were seemingly okay (I'd get close but never over) but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna throw over 20 this year.

Funny you posted too cause I'm using the Panthers! And video!

EA Sports: Madden NFL 11 Video Highlight

It literally happens so fast you can barely see it. But Mikell ends up with the ball.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 11

I'm the same way. And I'm like you, I make safe throws, but I can't tell you how many times the ball has bounced out of a wide open Michael Crabtree's hands on a drag route (cuz Michael Crabtree totally drops wide open passes on drag routes... ) and into a defender's hands.

It's as if I'm having a game without any picks, the CPU will be sure to make sure I end up throwing a pick.

Or fumbling 5 times over the course of a game
Old 08-30-2010, 01:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
I'm the same way. And I'm like you, I make safe throws, but I can't tell you how many times the ball has bounced out of a wide open Michael Crabtree's hands on a drag route (cuz Michael Crabtree totally drops wide open passes on drag routes... ) and into a defender's hands.

It's as if I'm having a game without any picks, the CPU will be sure to make sure I end up throwing a pick.

Or fumbling 5 times over the course of a game
That...actually happened to me in that game.

That pick was the first play of the 4th quarter and then I proceeded to fumble 4 times (despite protecting the ball) while trying to run the clock out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 16

Well in my online franchise In the end of the 1st year I threw 46 TD and 24 picks. I remember 1 game where I had 5 TD's and 0 picks. Then the next I threw 5 picks and 2 TD's.
Im now in my 2nd year and so far I have 4 TD's and 4 picks. I played 2 games so far(1-1).
1st year Tom Brady was starter(fantasy draft)
2nd year Micheal Vick is starter(traded Brady to give Vick a shot) and I know what u mean about Crabtree dropping passes. He was my number 2 WR in the 1st year but traded him in my 2nd year for Santonio Holmes since Crabtree rating raised to a 89
Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 11

I just don't see how, on any difficulty setting, Michael Crabtree can be among the league leaders in drops.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 16

I know right. We play on All-Pro. (Im not the comissionair other wise it'll be on All-Madden) But either way he drops way too many passes that I got sick of it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »