Home

Teams Only Having 2 Active QB's On Roster After Year 1?

This is a discussion on Teams Only Having 2 Active QB's On Roster After Year 1? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Teams Only Having 2 Active QB's On Roster After Year 1?

Is this happening in anyone else's Franchises? My best friend and I just finished year 1 of our Franchise. We just completed all of the offseason duties; and after checking rosters across the league roughly 97% of the teams have only have 2 QB's on their roster with the punter and kicker being 3rd and 4th string. What's up with that? I mean theere are PLENTY of QB's on the FA list. Will the CPU controlled teams fill out their rosters after the preseason? If not, this is just plain dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Teams Only Having 2 Active QB's On Roster After Year 1?

this happened to me aswell. is this a glitch?
Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Is this happening in anyone else's Franchises? My best friend and I just finished year 1 of our Franchise. We just completed all of the offseason duties; and after checking rosters across the league roughly 97% of the teams have only have 2 QB's on their roster with the punter and kicker being 3rd and 4th string. What's up with that? I mean theere are PLENTY of QB's on the FA list. Will the CPU controlled teams fill out their rosters after the preseason? If not, this is just plain dumb.
When I saw this I thought its a glitch where QB's never get injured while in-game, for an extended amount of time. I have yet to injure a QB for more then like 2 quarters.

I noticed too in my franchise, most teams carry just 4 wr's.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3

... and 4 CBs.

Franchise is just broken in about every way. The only thing it does right is string together 17 weeks of games one after the other... other than that... its just ridiculous. Free Agency is a joke. Importing NCAA draft classes, which should be AWESOME and could add so much to the replay value, is COMPLETELY broken and useless. IR is non-existent for the 15th year in a row. Practice, Combine, Draftee recruiting (hands on putting them through training paces and stuff to determine if they fit your team) got left in last gen which is just mind boggling to me. I don't understand how the next gen systems offer so much more than the last gen consoles yet Madden and NCAA are shells of the former game. I thought it'd be an adjustment period kind of deal but it just seems like as long as the game sells who cares.

Meh'
Old 08-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah most CPU controlled teams tend to carry the bare minimum you are forced to carry for your depth chart for some reason. Really hurts if they lose one of their starters and you see TE split out at WR or OL playing TE regularly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

the lines get all messed up too. I had more than a few teams with things like 5 lt's and no rt's. There seems to be no logic to who the computer signs. I also noticed there are no centers left in the free agent pool which is also ridiculous. MLB The Show even with mlb, aaa, aa and single a ball, there are still free agents left!!! Yet Madden cant even give us enough players when they are only fielding 32 teams? I just hope this doesnt cause a problem and mess up my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »