Home

Game froze after winning Super Bowl

This is a discussion on Game froze after winning Super Bowl within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Game froze after winning Super Bowl

I don't think this is a bug because it didn't happen first season of my franchise. After winning the Super Bowl, second season of franchise, and listening to the long speech by Chris Collingsworth, which almost made me cry, :-) I was so proud looking at my coach and QB, who was holding the trophy. There I was so proud and feeling great and waiting for the next screen to pop up when nothing happened! I tried pressing all the buttons on the Sony PS3 controller to no avail. I left the room hoping when I returned the screen would advance, no good, screen was frozen; game was frozen. None of the PS3 buttons would do anything, not even the button used to power down the system or quit a game. I had no choice, I had to eject the disc and play the game over. I haven't played the game over just yet, will do that later.

Anyway, in case you're wondering, this is on Madden 11 PS3 version. Considering I held Peyton Manning to one touchdown and caught 2 interceptions while winning, I can only hope to come close to doing that again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
JVM
Banned

Re: Game froze after winning Super Bowl--again!

The damn game froze again after winning the Super Bowl. This time I got all the way to click on exit game and after clicking on Yes, the screen froze and I couldn't do anything but quit the game. I don't know what the hell is wrong, but I am kind of tired playing the Super Bowl over and getting nowhere.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Game froze after winning Super Bowl

Same thing happened to me during my second season. It was one of the best games I ever played up to that point, so it was extremely frustrating. I had to finally sim the Superbowl in order to progress to the next season. I complained about it in the glitch forum just in case EA cares. Don't think they do IMHO! I am also playing with a PS3 system.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Megatron2k7's Arena

OVR: 12

Happened to me as well. On the 360 though. I don't remember what year it was into my Franchise, but it was around the 2nd or 3rd year for sure. My game was also against the Colts, with my Packers. I haven't played out a Super Bowl since, because it ticked me off so bad, and my team has been there 4 times now going into the 2017 season.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
JVM
Banned

Well, I played and won again against the Colts and again, third time, I couldn't exit out of the game: screen froze again! Since this happened to you guys as well, it must be a bug. The thing is, simming the Super Bowl will get me past this mess but what about next season? This mess could happen again and the question is if it's even worth playing the game. What the hell is the point of playing the Super Bowl if you can't advance?

I don't understand it since I won by simming, so why is there a problem if I win by playing??? I was thinking something was wrong with my PS3 HDD or whatever until I read what you guys wrote, so thanks for your input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadokguy
Same thing happened to me during my second season. It was one of the best games I ever played up to that point, so it was extremely frustrating. I had to finally sim the Superbowl in order to progress to the next season. I complained about it in the glitch forum just in case EA cares. Don't think they do IMHO! I am also playing with a PS3 system.
What team were you playing against and what team did you have?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

I had this problem as well, I had just lost to the Falcons using the Jets 20-17 and was watching there celebration when It froze, I was pretty angry and simulated the game until I lost and just moved on, hopefully it doesn't happen in the third year because I'm really looking forward to making it back and winning this time.

This is a major problem if you can't make it past the super bowl in the 2nd yr.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Is it only 360 or is it happening to PS3 also?
Mets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »