Home

Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!!

This is a discussion on Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!!

Hey guys, I found the solution for GameFlow calling 4-3 against 3,4,even 5 wide sets. I have only been doing it for the user so far, but I think it could work for the CPU. Before the first play from scrimmage, press start, go to Coaching or whatever, Defensive Assignments, and the assign their top 5 receivers a CB from your team. It works! It's GREAT! Now I haven't tried this next part, but I think it should work. For the CPU you could probably go to Select Sides once you've started the game, and do the same thing for them in Defensive Assignments. Again, I haven't tried the CPU part, but it should work. Thanks, and enjoy!!

P.S. I haven't seen anyone else post this, so if I falsely think I discovered something, I'm sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Found how to make GameFlow not make LBs cover WR!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendRyder
Hey guys, I found the solution for GameFlow calling 4-3 against 3,4,even 5 wide sets. I have only been doing it for the user so far, but I think it could work for the CPU. Before the first play from scrimmage, press start, go to Coaching or whatever, Defensive Assignments, and the assign their top 5 receivers a CB from your team. It works! It's GREAT! Now I haven't tried this next part, but I think it should work. For the CPU you could probably go to Select Sides once you've started the game, and do the same thing for them in Defensive Assignments. Again, I haven't tried the CPU part, but it should work. Thanks, and enjoy!!

P.S. I haven't seen anyone else post this, so if I falsely think I discovered something, I'm sorry.
thnx......
Old 09-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

It seemed to produce a good game for me. Almost had my first ever tie vs the CPU.
I was the saints playing the CPU Giants
Giants won 36-30
High score yes but i played 15 min quarters gameflow.

MikeOwnz32 sliders, Rocky's gameplans.
For once I seen CPU blown coverages with the Def assignments unfortunately I couldnt connect drew brees overthrew every hot route missed coverage I had.

They picked me off 4 times. 3 times in 1st half.
Kenny phillips had 3 deflections and two ints.
MIND I say: FLATS WERE COVERED QUICK AND WELL.
Thats how so many Lb's got high tackle totals

four linebackers had 10+ tackles.

Total yards were low for the game and amount of plays. Brees chucked 41 passes & we had 28 runs Keep in mind OT. giants were 40 passes to 26 runs

T.O.P. was only 6 second difference

Ahmad bradshaw bounced an off tackle play with 4:12 in OT, 59 yards for the score it was a great CPU run.

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

i said this like the first week it came out, but using gameplanning makes it a mute point
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:

This works great. Now, I can finally enjoy Gameflow. With the recent roster updates bringing the defense up to respectability and now this. This game is finally getting better and the patch will hopefully add to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I forgot to try on the cpu side, but this doesn't work for me. In my experience, the only time gameflow calls a base defense against a 3+ wide set is on first downs. I edited my gameplan by putting a dime cover 3 play in the "normal" plays, and sometimes it will call that play vs 3+ wides, but generally it did not. I removed the dime (since sometimes it would call that against a base offense ) but perhaps with the combination of defensive assignments and a dime play in normal, it will resolve the problem.

I should add that I tried this in my franchise vs the Pats, who currently only have 4 receivers. I used my 5th cb to cover a TE
Old 09-02-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Glad it's working well for most of you. Spread the word. As for kenlovin, sorry dude, didn't see your post.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:

Yup..I learned this lesson after many repeated torchings and wondering what the heck had happened..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »