Home

NFL Elite 12??

This is a discussion on NFL Elite 12?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
NFL Elite 12??

There have been rumors for years that EA wanted to drop the Madden name. I was at my local gamestop yesterday and saw football action figures sold in the packaging labeled NFL elite. Could this be the new name for EA's new football game next year? What do you guys think of the name?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NFL Elite 12??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
There have been rumors for years that EA wanted to drop the Madden name. I was at my local gamestop yesterday and saw football action figures sold in the packaging labeled NFL elite. Could this be the new name for EA's new football game next year? What do you guys think of the name?
I wouldn't be surprised if they changed names they have kind of dragged it through the mud on this gen. My tv provider has changed names three times to get away from a bad customer service reputation. Only problem they never improve their customer service. I hope if Madden changes its name they change the approach that caused them to change it.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I don't think they will change it. They changed the NBA "Live" series to Elite because they were getting smoked by 2K. The Madden name is part of pop culture at this point and I don't believe they will want to change it. Plus, Madden isn't dropping in sales at all.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Were the figures made by EA?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Madden is too widely known of a name.

I doubt they change it, but it'd be nice if they implemented RTP in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

With the real John Madden retired, there's less and less of a connection to him these days as a former SB coach or broadcaster. But they've created a brand for the video game that is very powerful in marketing terms, only way they change it IMHO is if they do so concurrent with a new engine or major reboot of the franchise.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

"Madden" is one of the biggest and most recognizable brands in sports today, especially in the video game industry. I don't see any reason they would want to change it.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #8
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Not saying it could or couldn't happen, but McFarlane has been selling "Elite" figures for a while now, if I'm not mistaken.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk..._nkw=nfl+elite
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »