Home

Wow I thought he sucked, but he's got potential!

This is a discussion on Wow I thought he sucked, but he's got potential! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3
Wow I thought he sucked, but he's got potential!

When Madden came out I wanted to get Tebow to an A potential SO BAD but was never successful. This got me to thinking...what players can you change to get that higher grade of potential and whats the position you have to temporarily switch him to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Wow I thought he sucked, but he's got potential!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
When Madden came out I wanted to get Tebow to an A potential SO BAD but was never successful. This got me to thinking...what players can you change to get that higher grade of potential and whats the position you have to temporarily switch him to?
well i wouldnt really know what to do with a qb but you can change up the D alot and get better/ improved potential ... LBs to Safties DE to DT ... LB to DE
Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

Or, buy "Star Player" it allows you to change TWO players potential (it only says one, but here's a tip)

A) Improve one player in pre-season

B) After going to the regular season the game resets it, considering the regular season in the sense that all the DLC isn't already used. So, you can use it again.)
Old 09-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

In Madden 10 one was able to increase potential by increasing the ratings. Is that not true for Madden 11? I wanted to make AOA and Sean Lee As.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
In Madden 10 one was able to increase potential by increasing the ratings. Is that not true for Madden 11? I wanted to make AOA and Sean Lee As.
You can still do that to my knowledge...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm wondering what specific players would go up a grade. Don't get me wrong I love the element of suprise by having to sign some during a season and just guess to see if it works. But at the same time I want to be able to progress someone over a couple of seasons with no limits on because of his potential.

I really appreciate the ideas but I don't think I would like to change the attributes of the player. For me, I'd just like to keep the attributes as they are and try to progress them through stats. But again, thank you for the tip.

Buying the potential boost is something I might consider. Do you actually have to pay for that option or is it like madden coins or something? How do you get the coins?
Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
I'm wondering what specific players would go up a grade. Don't get me wrong I love the element of suprise by having to sign some during a season and just guess to see if it works. But at the same time I want to be able to progress someone over a couple of seasons with no limits on because of his potential.

I really appreciate the ideas but I don't think I would like to change the attributes of the player. For me, I'd just like to keep the attributes as they are and try to progress them through stats. But again, thank you for the tip.

Buying the potential boost is something I might consider. Do you actually have to pay for that option or is it like madden coins or something? How do you get the coins?

It's 80 Microsoft Points...about $1. It doesn't progress them a step though, any player you use it on receives A POT (However, if you're like me, and occasionally want it to boost that career backup-in-making, he may hit ever hit it being so low as is)

Your best bet on Tebow is to go a season or two, then slap him with the Star Player so he's already late seventies-early eighties in OVR.

It's REALLY good, along with the "Not Done Yet" OR "One More Year" not sure which is the more expensive, but I have the one that allows to unretirements and I only use it for realism. (when players who are retired still are a high OVR)

Another good one is "Play Through The Pain" which fixes any injury instantly no matter the severity. I rarely use it, but I have it in case I just say NO to the Madden Gods and heal the DE I spent 85 Mil on.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 09-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I haven't done this myself, but IIRC the way it works is you change the ratings, save the roster, then change it back (if you want) and save. The player will have the original rating but have the higher potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »