Home

Awareness Questions

This is a discussion on Awareness Questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Awareness Questions

I know there have been posts on this before, but I was hoping some of you guys had some more information that maybe I haven't heard of yet.

I have some basic questions about the awareness rating in general. For example, how much effect does it have on a defensive back when they also have play recognition, zone/man coverage ratings?

The same thing goes for offensive / defensive linemen. Does awareness, for example, effect WHICH move (finesse or power) a player uses against the OL?

Lastly for running backs. Does awareness matter at ALL when he is running with the ball? (assuming CPU controlled of course).

If all of this is still unknown code, just let me know. I was just hoping someone had some answers there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Awareness Questions

im not 100% sure, but i think bc vision, route running & mc/zone coverage ratings replace standard awareness for relevant positions.

i know that awareness was tied to the vision cone in last gen & it probably still controls cpu qbs (unless there is another rating im forgetting). im not sure what else it is still used for. with the position specific awareness ratings that have been added (mentioned above), hopefully it covers indirect actions (like fumbles that happen on the other side of the field etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »