Home

Madden 11 sales strong

This is a discussion on Madden 11 sales strong within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #65
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 11 sales strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
It can be fixed in a patch, did you play NBA 2k10 last year? Outof the box defense was broken also, they fixed it with a patch. Its not a game breaker.
This .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I know people think otherwise but to me this is bad news for the sim community.
It's terrible news.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
It can be fixed in a patch, did you play NBA 2k10 last year? Outof the box defense was broken also, they fixed it with a patch. Its not a game breaker.
Here's the key difference. 2k says that they want to make their games as realistic as possible. EA says that they want their games to be simple and accessible for everyone. So, sure it can be patched the question is will they patch it? Their history, and track record tells us no, they won't patch it.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #68
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
I don't know if anyone has brought this up but all video games disclaimers always say that online play is not rated and I have always taken that as the gameplay even might change online. With that said EA isn't really responsible on how online play affects you as a user, so ya we know EA is gonna tweak online play for y'all but as people said offline can make a great madden with your own personal sliders. I honestly believe online play should cost extra per title.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:53 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
I don't think sales weak or strong will help the direction of Madden. I think Ian and company KNOW what the OS community want. Three things...some we all want but we ALL want atleast one of these: 1) believable gameplay, 2) deep and addictive franchise, 3) an online experience worth playing.

I just don't think Tiburon can do it. Tiburon is the one constant that has been around for nextgen and they suck, plain and simple. Ultimately, Madden is history if things continue.

BTW, I bought Madden11, but NCAA11 is so much better, I don't bother with Madden. Maybe after the patches. Later.
Maybe we should give Ian and company the benefit of the doubt; maybe it's the suits that won't give them the resources because EA has already shelled out a ton of cash for the exclusive license. On second thought, I don't believe that. Take Two didn't have as many resources when developing 2k8, and look how that game, game-play wise, turned out.

I think it's Tiburon. That studio isn't capable of producing the sim game that we all want and EA may not feel the need to switch to another studio, which may be more expensive, at this point because they've already spent enough money on securing the exclusive license.

NHL, NBA Elite and FIFA have all made wonderful strides; none of those games are developed by Tiburon.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Sales are not, and never will be, an indication of how good a game is. I'm not saying Madden is or is not a good game, but you can't use sales numbers as proof that a game is good.

I do agree with you that people will skew stats to their advantage though. This is true of both sides of every argument. Which is why stats are not the end all and be all of any argument either.

As far as the poster who said that they aren't supporting PS2. Maybe he meant that this is the last PS2 Madden game that they will make, if I'm not mistaken, and the fact that there is no online component on the PS2 Madden 11.
Sales numbers aren't a good indication for the quality of any product. Marketing, pricing and accessibility affect sales numbers too. Look at McDonald's, they're the worst fast food joint, but they make the most money.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #71
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Sales are not, and never will be, an indication of how good a game is. I'm not saying Madden is or is not a good game, but you can't use sales numbers as proof that a game is good.

I do agree with you that people will skew stats to their advantage though. This is true of both sides of every argument. Which is why stats are not the end all and be all of any argument either.

As far as the poster who said that they aren't supporting PS2. Maybe he meant that this is the last PS2 Madden game that they will make, if I'm not mistaken, and the fact that there is no online component on the PS2 Madden 11.
Exactly! The only reason I care about Madden sales is for fear that high sales could lead to the exclusive license being renewed.

Also, I dont see how Madden being a NFL sim or not is really even a serious debate. Sim is short for simulation, that would mean that EA is attempting to copy NFl football. The FACT that EA not only admits but TOUTS that they have their own vision for Madden football, not the NFLs', makes it evident Madden is not intended to be sim, IMO.

The last point Ill make is on this whole thing about "Madden Haters". EA is at fault for the increase in madden hate. Maybe an OS vet from prior to 2005 can tell me how many "madden haters" were in this forum back then. I know I cared less about what EA did with Madden prior to the exclusive license. We didnt land on Madden Rock, Madden Rock landed on us!

I prefered 2k over Madden but if 2k had bought the exclusive license and 2k hate increased every year, I would understand that too. This is America where we understand it's our God given right to have choice, so whenever that right is LIMITED or taken away, we hate it and speak out.

God bless America and exclusive licenses be damned! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #72
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, not for any one particular post, but this whole thread is wretched, and full of personal attacks , I'm closing it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »