Home

Old 09-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Vick

I don't know if you should change his throwing accuracy after two quarters, but his speed obviously should be bumped up to at least the mid 90's. Vick's speed is currently at 88.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 36

As an Eagle fan, I would like to say that Vick should be bumped up 4 to 5 points in SAC and MAC (it has been too low since Madden 10), and a little in DAC. His speed could go up to 90 as well. HOWEVER, he is not BACK. Vick was never an amazing QB, he was a RB with a cannon (albeit a not-so-accurate one). He should be able to go up in his POT rating, every time I see Vick he goes immediately down 2-3 OVR points. He is ONLY 29 (maybe 30 now) but those 2 years out means he is playing at 28-ish years old. Sometimes QBs don't hit their total prime until they hit 30-32 years old.

This is a shaky situation because on one hand, he lit it up. On the other, it was a half of football in which GB didn't gameplan for him to start. Therefore he was able to get out and run more than I believe he would have had GB been prepared. I would like to use Vick and be able to pass the ball. I'm very good with Kolb, but the dual threat aspect has always been much more appealing to me.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

yeah, he is better than his throwing stats but they probably don't want to make him too powerful, if you had a guy who could run it if he needed or throw it then it would be near impossible to shut down. if you see the old maddens, vick was unstoppable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Since you guys are trying to figure out how to re-rate Vick as the starter, here's a video that shows Vick's awareness is currently pretty low. He's not up to speed quite yet.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-flaws-exposed
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #13
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

tagged for later
Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I wouldn't bump him up too high. The only thing I would look at are his speed, agility and acceleration ratings as it does seem he's got some of that old speed back.

But, as far as passing accuracy, I wasn't blown away. He had one nice throw over the middle to Celek (should've been an INT but the FS reacated too late), but a lot of his throws over 10 yards were low. Look at the TD to Maclin and another pass to Jackson; those guys were diving and having to work hard to keep the ball off the turf. Both should've been easy completions. Then there's the play late in the game inside the GB 10 where instead of running in for a TD, he tried to force a ball into Jackson (also should've been picked), so his awareness still isn't all the way back.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets more PT, and I'm sure he will with Kolb banged up, but I would wait a few weeks before making large-scale changes.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleIt5
Let me preface this by saying, I bleed Green and Gold. That being said, what Vick almost did was amazing. The term "Vintage Vick" was used, it was an understatement. That being said, the Pack did gameplan for Kolb, and Vick out did himself.

I agree in Madden he is a joke, his throwing attributes should at least be on par with VY. My opinion is that his short accuracy, and decision making, are better than what they were with the Falcons. I am thinking low 80s for medium, high 70s for short, and deep somewhere in the middle. His AWR needs a boost as well.
Yeah you can gameplan for Vick until he takes off and then you hold your breath. He is one of the most exciting players to watch and this is coming from a WHO DAT!!! I don't know why a team in need of a QB would not go after him. I would probably give his passing ratings similiar to VY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1206
Since you guys are trying to figure out how to re-rate Vick as the starter, here's a video that shows Vick's awareness is currently pretty low. He's not up to speed quite yet.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-flaws-exposed
Clips like that show why Vick has been such a waste of potential. He makes big plays and is a human highlight reel, and he also leaves a lot of plays on the field. Until he can take advantage of those opportunities, he will never be a "great QB, with a running threat." He will be a great runner with the passing threat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »