Home

The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

This is a discussion on The Greatest Game You Ever Played? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
It annoys me slightly to see some people having scores that would frustrate me even if I was just an arcade player. Like.. 73-20? How's that the greatest game anyone can play? Even as a arcade gamer/madden noob (Which I am not) I would still want a close even game where big plays matter.

My greatest game was playing as Arizona, I was behind 17-20 against Seattle in the 4th Qtr with 24 Sec's on the clock. I called Play Action (Which worked in M10). I had to scramble out, I found Fitzgerald deep who caught it just on the edge on the end zone. Now thats a rememberable game.

I don't get how throwing for 750 Yards and 8 TD's is fun? Obviously its set to rookie, but it would just become boring & repetitive to me.

Madden has its fair share of bugs and what not, but its meant to re-create the feeling of being in an NFL game. This is just my opinion.
This is the reaction I was afraid of... It is a GAME! I honestly don't understand why people get such a holier than thou attitude with this 'sim' experience. I agree that it would be great to have a ton of 27-24 and 13-10 battles, but geez, why can't you just let people have a good time? PS - it was set to All-Pro.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2

I remember in M10 I was in Franchise mode and the Eagles (me obviously) had made the SuperBowl...we were vsing the Patriots.

Anyway, we go down 28-7 at halftime. McNabb has thrown 2 INT's and the offense has looked completely dead. I literally told myself to snap out of it and start playing better. I don't want to post a huge recap of the game but we ended up leveling the scores at 28-28 with 0:16 on the clock and went into OT. Lost the toss, got the ball back and drove 80 yards down the field to set up a David Akers game winning Field Goal.

I guess what obviously made it that much more enjoyable is that it was a SuperBowl.

Edit - I'll add that this was in my 4th season of Madden...and we hadn't been able to win a SuperBowl in the previous seasons.

Last edited by crucifixx; 09-14-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

played on all-madden, lowered the cpu skill by 5.. 7 in some areas where the cpu was still ridiculous. Came back scoring 17+ (forgot exact score) in the 4th to bring the game to OT to win the game.

Still hard as hell even after lowering the CPU skill some what.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

In year four of my Madden 11 dynasty, I played Super Bowl 48 as the Colts in a rematch of Super Bowl 44 against the Saints. The game was played in the snow at the Meadowlands in New York, where the game time temperature was 8 degrees! The first half belonged to New Orleans as I couldn't do anything on offense. My offensive line was man-handled by the Saints defense thanks to the plethora of injuries I suffered the last few weeks of the regular season and the first two games of the playoffs. I went into the game with four linemen on injured reserve and lost my last decent replacement to yet another injury in the first possession of the game. I also lost Jeff Saturday, my starting center, to retirement at the beginning of the year and wasn't able to draft or sign a suitable replacement in the preseason, so what I was left with was a bunch of second or third string lineman with the highest overall rating between them being a 77. Peyton Manning is awesome, but with no protection up front, the Saints defense harassed him all game and forced three interceptions, one of which was a pick 6 and also recovered a Manning fumble. I was constantly forced out of the pocket and to throw on the run and had limited success in the early going. It was very frustrating to say the least.

At half time the score was 17-7, and stayed that until the fourth quarter when my rookie DT caught a pass deflection for an interception, then ran it back 22 yards for a touchdown. With about 3 minutes left in the game I marched down field and kicked a 20 yard field goal to tie it up 17-17. My defense was able to get a quick three and out and I had a little more than a minute with all my timeouts starting from my own 23 yard line. Manning got us to the New Orleans 32 yard line with about 25 seconds left and I decided to try one more run play to run off a little more time and put the ball in the center of the field. I ran a half back dive up the middle and Donald Brown (my starting HB) breaks a 22 yard run, but fumbles on the 10 and of course the Saints recover. They let the last few seconds run off the clock and we went to overtime.

I won the toss and took first possession in OT and missed a 53 yard field goal at the end of my drive. New Orleans ended up punting it back to me after their first possession and I started my next drive on my own 11. Now keep in mind New Orleans defense had been all over me the entire game, sacking me 4 times and the last time I was that deep in my own territory I threw a pick 6. I ran a TE slant on the first play and Dallas Clark made a beautiful diving catch right at midfield, which must have stunned the New Orleans back field as that 39 yard pass was by far my longest single gain of the day. I decided to go right back at them on the next play and sent Reggie Wayne on an in and out down the right side line. Tracy Porter slipped in the snow trying to cover Wayne and I was able to hit him wide open down field for the game winning touchdown. It was beautiful. Final score Indianapolis 23, New Orleans 17.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #21
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 2003: I was a few years into a Ram's franchise at the time. I believe the year was either 07 or 08 but with an aging Ram's team it was getting harder and harder to win. back when i used to play all the games i barely made it to the playoff's as with a 9-7 record i secured a wild card spot. With An Aging Kurt Warner under center plus the fading Marshall faulk in my backfield things weren't looking to good heading into the playoff's Fast foward a bit i miraculously reach the Super Bowl and I i was matched up with the patriots. I Started to dominate the Pat's Marshall had a hell of a game Kurt Warner was completing every pass. Consdering this is all before the hit/highlight stick i was very proud of myself and started jumping up and down like i actually won the Super Bowl. Good times

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »