Home

The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

This is a discussion on The Greatest Game You Ever Played? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

Ok, I just finished a game that finished with a final score of 73-67. Browns (me) @ Ravens (cpu).

Say what you want about sim play or whatever, but this game had it all.

I was down 53-15 with 4:39 left in the 3rd Quarter. Delhomme had thrown two INTs (both pick 6s) so I put in McCoy.

McCoy led us back and tied the game then took the lead 67-60 until Flacco connected with Boldin on a 73 yard score to tie the game with 21 seconds left. I kneeled the ball for OT - won the toss.

We went 3 and out to start OT, held the Ravens to a punt and then on the first play of the next drive McCoy hit Cribbs for a 73 yard game winning TD...

Say what you want about how this makes the game look terrible, blah blah blah... But I had a GREAT time playing this game and felt like sharing a good experience.

PEACE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: The Greatest Game You Ever Played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
Ok, I just finished a game that finished with a final score of 73-67. Browns (me) @ Ravens (cpu).

Say what you want about sim play or whatever, but this game had it all.

I was down 53-15 with 4:39 left in the 3rd Quarter. Delhomme had thrown two INTs (both pick 6s) so I put in McCoy.

McCoy led us back and tied the game then took the lead 67-60 until Flacco connected with Boldin on a 73 yard score to tie the game with 21 seconds left. I kneeled the ball for OT - won the toss.

We went 3 and out to start OT, held the Ravens to a punt and then on the first play of the next drive McCoy hit Cribbs for a 73 yard game winning TD...

Say what you want about how this makes the game look terrible, blah blah blah... But I had a GREAT time playing this game and felt like sharing a good experience.

PEACE.
Fun game and that what matters(i guess)
OTP and me and some friends playing as the bears against the bengals and these guys would pretty much do the same thing the whole game and at the half they were up 42-14
so i say lets just F around, Well the F'in around did wonders and were talkin smack the whole game (all of us in a party chat)
Final score 62-48
OHHHH YEA!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 33

2 KR and 1 Punt Return for a touchdown. Pure magic.

In another game, 222 yards rushing with the QB.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Defensive POTY

TheRealTodd's Arena

OVR: 2

Very first game I ever played on All Madden (M10), I beat Detroit 24-23 with a 76 yd TD pass from McNabb to Desean Jackson on the last play of the game.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #5
Rookie

First win i ever had on Madden, down 21-17 with 0:04 left on the clock against the Raiders and Sage threw an awesome 40 Yard TD to the back of the endzone, my 3rd ever game on Madden my 1st was a 17-3 loss to Pittsburgh and a 24-0 loss to Indianapolis.

On this years Madden, 4 PR and 1 KR against Dallas with my Vikings
Division Championships
NFC North: 0
Conference Championships
NFC: 0
NFL Championships: 0
Playoff Appearances: 0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions 27-21
First win i ever had on Madden, down 21-17 with 0:04 left on the clock against the Raiders and Sage threw an awesome 40 Yard TD to the back of the endzone, my 3rd ever game on Madden my 1st was a 17-3 loss to Pittsburgh and a 24-0 loss to Indianapolis.

On this years Madden, 4 PR and 1 KR against Dallas with my Vikings
I LOVE IT! Dude, that is ****.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I LOVE IT! Dude, that is ****.
Cheers Mark
Division Championships
NFC North: 0
Conference Championships
NFC: 0
NFL Championships: 0
Playoff Appearances: 0
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie

I have two from my ps2 days, one from Madden 08 & one from Madden 10 that I still remember:

Ps2 Madden 03(ish): Best Adjustment Ever.
Playing as Tampa in week 3 in Atlanta, Mike Vick had gashed me for 87yds & 3 TD's in the first half alone having tried to blitz him into submission (& failed). So I was losing 28-3 at the half since I'd barely had the ball & was rushing my offense, anyway at halftime I switched over to controlling Derrick Brooks & called a QB spy on nearly every play, Vick finished with 93yds, 3TD's & 2 fumbles. Game wound up being tied 31-31 but I'm still so happy with that switch since it was the first time I'd successfully pulled off a scheme change.

Ps2 Madden 05: Super Bowl comeback.
Houston* -v- Tampa in Super Bowl 38, down 35-10 going into the 4th Q with me as a CAP QB for the Texans, lead a comeback to win the game 36-35 on the last kick of the game. Andre Johnson & Teyo Johnson were monsters catching anything near them.

Ps3 Madden 08: Shutout.
Texans* hosting the Titans in year 2 of franchise, defense held Tennessee to 150ish yards & 5 turnovers. Again with me as the CAP QB running an offense that moved the ball until they hit FG range it seemed, I managed to win 32-0 on the back of a safety, a punt return TD (failed 2pt) & 8 FG's from Kris Brown.

Ps3 Madden 10: Shootout.
On my birthday last October I played Pats-Saints MNF where Brady & Brees went nuts, final score was 64-61 Patriots after OT. Brady threw 7 TD's, Fred Taylor rushed for 1 & Brees threw 8 TD's. Completely back & forth game where the 1 legit 3 & out my team got was on the Saints OT possession.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »