Home

This Game Is So Boring Offline......

This is a discussion on This Game Is So Boring Offline...... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
This Game Is So Boring Offline......

What I mean is....the Franchise is so bare bones that it makes this game very boring playing through a season....I've gotten a good mix of sliders, I've gotten the gameplans from this site, all of that....Also...I can't get the patch but I'm not even sure I want that....

It makes me think that since I can't play online right now...the game is a waste of $60....I'm thinking about taking it back but I can't think of anything new at the moment that I would enjoy (offline)...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: This Game Is So Boring Offline......

If you can't play online, the game isn't worth it. Franchise mode lacks replay value.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I am enjoying the game right now. I wish we had Madden 07 [last gen] or Head Coach franchise mode, but I don't hate it. Have you thought about doing a fantasy draft? I am working on a "draft with me" fantasy draft franchise right now that I want to put on YouTube. Fantasy Drafts are fun to me because you and the computer build your teams instead of using the normal NFL rosters.

If you really want to get rid of Madden, Fallout New Vegas is comming out next month. Mafia II has been a lot of fun for me. I don't play it for hours on end like some people, so I have yet to complete it. I'm on chapter 12 or so and love it. Great story, fun gun play and atmosphere. For a little extra fun I actually like to go back and replay missions after chaning ym TV settings to 0 color and 0 sharpness so it looks like an old movie from the 40's/50's. That's another reason why I have yet to finish the game
Old 09-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

I find everything about madden the last few years quite boring overall. I have hope things will change for Madden 12...But this year i have just decided to stick with NCAA and i sold Madden to a friend at work for $40.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am enjoying the game right now. I wish we had Madden 07 [last gen] or Head Coach franchise mode, but I don't hate it. Have you thought about doing a fantasy draft? I am working on a "draft with me" fantasy draft franchise right now that I want to put on YouTube. Fantasy Drafts are fun to me because you and the computer build your teams instead of using the normal NFL rosters.

If you really want to get rid of Madden, Fallout New Vegas is comming out next month. Mafia II has been a lot of fun for me. I don't play it for hours on end like some people, so I have yet to complete it. I'm on chapter 12 or so and love it. Great story, fun gun play and atmosphere. For a little extra fun I actually like to go back and replay missions after chaning ym TV settings to 0 color and 0 sharpness so it looks like an old movie from the 40's/50's. That's another reason why I have yet to finish the game
I would kill for Franchise mode from Head Coach with Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I have to respectfully disagree with OP. I only play offline franchise and I am having a lot of fun with the game. Not sure if it is me looking at it different than M10, or if the game is that much better, but I am already playing far more this year than last. Heck, M11 has made me finally put my beloved 2k5 back on the shelf!
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
If you can't play online, the game isn't worth it. Franchise mode lacks replay value.
YES!!! Couldn't have said ti better myself... The only thrill I get from playing Madden comes from playing PEOPLE. I cram to understand how people get so excited about Franchise mode... doesn't make sense to me.

But hey... we all play for different reasons.

Later
Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
YES!!! Couldn't have said ti better myself... The only thrill I get from playing Madden comes from playing PEOPLE. I cram to understand how people get so excited about Franchise mode... doesn't make sense to me.

But hey... we all play for different reasons.

Later
i agree, the biggest problem is the CPU never adjusts their play calling. you can just keep throwing a curl to the same receiver every play and they won't change their coverage.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »