Home

Kickers playing Offensive Line....Again!

This is a discussion on Kickers playing Offensive Line....Again! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 AM   #25
GO PACK GO

PlatooN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kickers playing Offensive Line....Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
I play man coverage quite a bit and in five seasons never had a WR intercept a pass. I don't understand how a game like this that's been out so many years can have such a glaring error.
i was using GB and the CPU was MIA...Hartline was covering my GJ85
Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #26
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Calvin Johnson should not be playing DB! This nonsense should not be happening in the game, and Madden has been out long enough not to have this silliness.
There are not enough slots on the depth chart thats why.

I sure as hell need more than 6 slots for WR. When I can go into a 5 wide set... and someone gets tired, a CB subs in.

Same with DBs. Defenders fatigue quickly (rightfully so), but its senseless that in dime, when i have 4 cbs, that i'm only allowed 6 CB slots. If we had 10 slots for each position, that would be a start.

And my QB has 60kpw and 60kac, why can't I let him play kicker as well??? so i don't have to sign one? There needs to be more flexibility like ncaa.

I want my DT as a fullback, and my OLB as my TE.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #27
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
There are not enough slots on the depth chart thats why.

I sure as hell need more than 6 slots for WR. When I can go into a 5 wide set... and someone gets tired, a CB subs in.

Same with DBs. Defenders fatigue quickly (rightfully so), but its senseless that in dime, when i have 4 cbs, that i'm only allowed 6 CB slots. If we had 10 slots for each position, that would be a start.

And my QB has 60kpw and 60kac, why can't I let him play kicker as well??? so i don't have to sign one? There needs to be more flexibility like ncaa.

I want my DT as a fullback, and my OLB as my TE.
I know the reason why, but that is a poor excuse for a game out so many years and still has this nonsense WR playing DB. They talk realism, you know it's in the game. Well, it's not in the game!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I really hope they address this issue for Madden 12. If they are doing an overhaul to franchise mode then I'd expect this to be one of their priorities but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #29
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really hope they address this issue for Madden 12. If they are doing an overhaul to franchise mode then I'd expect this to be one of their priorities but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Not only that, but those plays you challenge with replay clearly showing you were right and still not overturned need to be addressed.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #30
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

This problem could be fixed with the addition of a practice squad, that way the computer has a reserve of players it can pull from even if they are generic, it would be able to make the appropriate sub for injuries instead of indiscriminately filling the slot on game day.

The problem really shouldn't exist now, I mean how hard is it to release a useless backup and sign a player for a few weeks or one year.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #31
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just wish that computer teams would actually update their depth chart after injuries occur, season ending or minor injuries. It would also be great if we had in season progression and teams moved players up or down on the depth chart depending on their progression. If I'm not mistaken this is another feature that was in last gen madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »