Home

Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

This is a discussion on Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

In game saves would've been better than gameflow I think. But that's just me.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #26
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

The other side of the coin......

I think Gameflow/Gameplan is a joke. The only difference between this and Ask Madden is that you pick the pool of plays that Maddens AI randomly selects from. Thats it. Nothing more complicated or revolutionary than that. And guess what? If you throw a draw play into your 3rd and long set then your as likely to get that play on 3rd and 7 at your 11 yard line(a realistic spot for it if you don't want to risk a turnover) as you are to get it on 3rd and ball game with :01 second left when your at your opponents 37 yard line and you need a TD to win. Your simply narrowing the ways in which Ask Madden could give you a random, and sometimes stupid, play.

I use 5-8 different playbooks and I know them well. I can pick my plays as fast or faster than Gameflow and they actually make sense. Am I 19 with nothing better to do with my time? No...I'm 39 with a job, a wife, and 3 kids. Am I some cheeser who uses 3 plays all game? No...Anyone on this site who has played me will tell you that I'm as sim as they come. I use my ENTIRE PB on both sides of the ball (I run a legit 3-4 defense).

Imo, this is nothing more than EA dressing up a feature that was never worth a flip and calling it innovative. If you enjoy it and it works for you....then great. There is no right or wrong here. But as for me.....the day I have to turn to a glorified Ask Madden is the day i put the game down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

Last edited by roll2tide; 09-18-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #27
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Game planning to me is the feature EA should have been advertising instead of game flow. Sounds better and game planning is more important because it totally changes how the cpu plays. It is the closes thing Madden has to player tendancies. Sure it takes a long *** time to do, but it is worth it.

Hope NCAA 12 gets game planning.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #28
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
For me I find gameflow to be more challenging than picking my own plays (while playing the CPU) because trying to pull out a 3rd and 7 draw play is so much more rewarding than being able to pick a play from your playbook that you know will work against the CPU. I believe if they add in more situations like ball position, amount down or up in score, and time left on clock it would be even better. Also in offline franchise if they add team scouting so it adjusts your gameplan for how that weeks opponent plays that would be great too

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #29
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
For me I find gameflow to be more challenging than picking my own plays (while playing the CPU) because trying to pull out a 3rd and 7 draw play is so much more rewarding than being able to pick a play from your playbook that you know will work against the CPU. I believe if they add in more situations like ball position, amount down or up in score, and time left on clock it would be even better. Also in offline franchise if they add team scouting so it adjusts your gameplan for how that weeks opponent plays that would be great too
your asking for a properly working AI. What, exactly, makes you think the EA team is even capable of such a feat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 09-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4
While I appreciate the article by Dustin and can understand the POV (and that of some other posters) I found Gameflow/Gameplan [another] under-developed addition to the Madden series that makes it fall on the gimmick side.

But then again, as long as the year-to-year game play continues to devolve then it really doesn't matter now does it
Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I'm 33 with kids....wait until you get there

You know what really bugs me Chris? Its not when you dont have time to finish a game(that has no in game save feature)...its when you are in the 4th quarter kicking some computer butt, and with 1 minute to go the game freezes.

Thats the Madden reality. And the patch makes it freeze even more. I havent played a game since nearly right after the patch when my game frooze 2 out of 3 games during thew 3rd and 4th quarters.
I feel you mate. I'm 32 with kids and find that time to properly invest in sports sims is slowly disappearing.

While I am not a madden player, I too appreciate the innovations to allow sim play in a time friendly fashion. I think it's important to provide good balance, so those younger fans who we older folk once were, the young guys who spend hours and hours, weekends and evenings growing the passion of sim gaming and realism, can continue doing so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 33
In games saves are a must. Games such as NBA 2K11 & PGA 11 especially require such a feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »