Home

Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

This is a discussion on Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

cheapargentina great post you were spot on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
actually yea i do have to download the roster update or else i cant play online

yes players progress during a season but it isnt as noticeable as it is from year to year if maybe they played the same teams every week u could measure their progress but they dont they play better teams and they play worse teams. imo u cant use that as a legit measurement of a players improvement from week to week maybe u can see that they improve slightly or they arent making mistakes they were making the weeks before but u dont see a big enough difference to justify a 10-15 point boost

if we went week to week then gerrard would have a 90 plus rating after week one since he was the second highest rated passer that week but in week 2 he drops down to 65 cause he threw 4 picks?

btw vick doesnt deserve a boost that big hes playn ok its not like he turned into peyton over night
wtf? as far as i know, there has never been 10-15 player rating boost, at most it was five, arian foster. i think he deserves a boost , max 5. more like 2 or 3. it is a week to week thing. meaning, his rating goes up and down. they do it in 2k and in live, and no one is complaining about it, im sure alot of texans fan would be piss if forster 70 ovr or something rating stay there after his 200+ yard rushing performance. they cant make everybody happy.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #27
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by truballer845
i know players progress throughout a season,u must not be understanding what im saying,its too soon to drasticlly improve a players raiting or give a player a boost just because of one good game,who knows the player will play that well consistently.
i agree 95 percent man, thats y i said, by week 8 or something, if he is still good, which i think he will be, he should be 80.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #28
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
How do we run the zone read?

Even if i hold the button, the HB always get the ball. If i don't hold the button, the HB gets the ball?

Whats the trick? Or are there no zone read plays at all and the playart is just tricking me?

I don't know if it still this way, and I'm not sure if this is what you meant when you said you said you hold the button down, but you used to have to hit the button twice. Once to snap and then the second press you hold it down and he would give it to the back.

If you are just holding it down from the snap, that won't work. If they changed it, then what I said won't work either lol.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round.Out
Vick.. the hottest QB in the NFL? Not so much...

I'll admit he's been doing very good considering the situation he was put in, but he's maybe Top 5.
No offense but I wasn't asking your opinion on the matter I was stating a fact, let me reiterate that. Michael Vick and Jay Cutler are THE HOTTEST quarterbacks in the NFL right now.

p.s. they are doing much better than Tony Homo and your cowgirls (btw how'd you like the Donny Mac treatment on sunday night LOL)
Old 09-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTodd
Sure, Vick should go up a bit. Not a ton, but a bit. I think we need to see how he handles solid defensive teams that are prepared for him before we go and do anything in the range of 10-15 points. Especially considering how erratic he was in Atlanta.

Shouldn't there be a "drastic drop to Kevin Kolb" thread around here somewhere?
In my opinion as a true eagles fan I feel like Kevin Kolb should be abooout a 67 at this point
Old 09-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
wtf? as far as i know, there has never been 10-15 player rating boost, at most it was five, arian foster. i think he deserves a boost , max 5. more like 2 or 3. it is a week to week thing. meaning, his rating goes up and down. they do it in 2k and in live, and no one is complaining about it, im sure alot of texans fan would be piss if forster 70 ovr or something rating stay there after his 200+ yard rushing performance. they cant make everybody happy.
everyone is talking about a 10-15 point boost so thats y i went with that.if its a week to week thing then he will be dropped by bunch when he has a horrible game against a good team?

perfect example is david gerrard from the jags he went from 3 tds no picks to o tds 4 picks. so after week one he goes up 5 points then after week 2 u drop him 10 points because hes worse then he was before?

arian foster 231 yards 3 tds and now 69 yards no tds how much do u drop him by? u cant because he played against an indy defense that wasnt ready for him and then he played against a redskins defense that was ready for him and then they went down 17 points early in the game and started passing. so its not his fault that he didnt have the same game he did the week before but its not that hes horrible now its a Different situation. there arent enough constants to compare the 2 situations.

actually they could make everyone happy if ppl stopped being such homers and expect the players from their favorite team to get a huge rating boost after every subpar game. u dont see me yelling that cason needs to be a 90 or even an 85 just cause he got 2 picks and forced a fumble cause i knw he wont do it again the week after but if he does keep it up for 5 or 6 weeks id expect a boost yes but once i knw its a consistent thing not some fluke game.

and the reason u dont see anyone complaining about 2k or live is cause these are the madden boards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
In my opinion as a true eagles fan I feel like Kevin Kolb should be abooout a 67 at this point
i only saw a few of his passes but he didnt look like complete *** but ur line did even with vicks speed hes been sacked 9 times in 6 qtrs id be worried if they start kolb
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »