Home

Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

This is a discussion on Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Now that Michael Vick has been named the starter.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
i only saw a few of his passes but he didnt look like complete *** but ur line did even with vicks speed hes been sacked 9 times in 6 qtrs id be worried if they start kolb
Well hey I still say Kevin Kolb is one of the most accurate passers in football right now. His arm strength is absolutely terrible but every pass I have seen him throw when he isn't getting hit in the face by a D-lineman has been right on the money. That being said if we were only talking about this season then I think that he should be in the high 60's.

I always said that ratings should represent a comparison between players......so if we are talking about this season and this season only why would Michael Vick NOT be in the high 80's? He has ran for more than any other quarterback and his rating is in the top 5 in the NFL. He hasn't thrown any picks and he almost brought the eagles back against Green Bay so his proper rating would be AT LEAST an 87 based on this year.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #34
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
Well hey I still say Kevin Kolb is one of the most accurate passers in football right now. His arm strength is absolutely terrible but every pass I have seen him throw when he isn't getting hit in the face by a D-lineman has been right on the money. That being said if we were only talking about this season then I think that he should be in the high 60's.

I always said that ratings should represent a comparison between players......so if we are talking about this season and this season only why would Michael Vick NOT be in the high 80's? He has ran for more than any other quarterback and his rating is in the top 5 in the NFL. He hasn't thrown any picks and he almost brought the eagles back against Green Bay so his proper rating would be AT LEAST an 87 based on this year.
biggest vick fan here, i dont care about dogs.jk no im not. lmao. but u cant bring him to 80 for one reason only, its 2 games, i and a half game to be exact. i think he should be around 79 and begging for a 80. he is going against the jags this week right? they have ok secondary so if he doesnt put up more then 200 yards and throws twice as many TD's as many picks, then he should stay at 79 or drop down to 77. i think at the end of the season, maybe and 87, still long shot. look at deangelo williams, took him forever for his ratings to go up, arian foster had beast game and only had a 5 point boost or something, 87 is way too far, but if the eagles win more then 7 games with him and he throws for around 15-20 TD's this year, im thinking pro bowl and maybe even a 90 overall in madden 12 or the last update, just maybe, but probalby not..
Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 PM   #35
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5604002

this is the only reason that can save kolb from dropping to a 70 right now, his trade value. also, please EA, put player moral in the game. im sick of vincent jackson resigning with the chargers even though he didnt start a single game, philip rivers deciding to resign with a team that he is a backup when he could be a starter somewhere esle. in my browns chise, the leagues top backups are up to 80 and the worst starters are 75ish yet, the backups always resign. kinda off-topic, but the requesting trade u guys added is bull, because its random. a guy made the pro bowl and won the super bowl yet he wont resign and when u go to the transaction report, Johnatan Stewart is requesting to be traded to an other team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #36
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

This is why I hate to get into big ratings adjustments this early.

Do we want to make Kolb a 65 because of a quarter and a half of football and make Vick a 90,which he deserves after a game and a half?

If Vick throws 3 int's next game will he go back down below 80?

Does Joe Flacco deserve to go down into the 60's right now?

I think rating adjustments should be done in 4 game increments and then there should be a degree of discretion after only 4 games are played.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #37
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
This is why I hate to get into big ratings adjustments this early.

Do we want to make Kolb a 65 because of a quarter and a half of football and make Vick a 90,which he deserves after a game and a half?

If Vick throws 3 int's next game will he go back down below 80?

Does Joe Flacco deserve to go down into the 60's right now?

I think rating adjustments should be done in 4 game increments and then there should be a degree of discretion after only 4 games are played.
i patrially agree, but this will never happen, this is why. EA looks at game to game stats. if they did it every four game, then the ratings wont be good here is why. arian foster had huge game against colts. almost 250 yards or something. by week 4 he is leading the nfl with like 400 rushing yards. u dont need to be a genius to realize that he gain 150 yards in 3 games. now, do u give arian foster a 85 rating when he only had one good game? no. u can't. doing it game by game, player ratings progress and decreases by each week. the reason it works so well in basketball is because team plays 2-4 games a week. meaning, u have around 4 games to measure a players rating, were in the nfl u have one game.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:51 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
i patrially agree, but this will never happen, this is why. EA looks at game to game stats. if they did it every four game, then the ratings wont be good here is why. arian foster had huge game against colts. almost 250 yards or something. by week 4 he is leading the nfl with like 400 rushing yards. u dont need to be a genius to realize that he gain 150 yards in 3 games. now, do u give arian foster a 85 rating when he only had one good game? no. u can't. doing it game by game, player ratings progress and decreases by each week. the reason it works so well in basketball is because team plays 2-4 games a week. meaning, u have around 4 games to measure a players rating, were in the nfl u have one game.
that right there shows the problem stats lie they shoulnt be basing their ratings on stats they should be based on actual film its like i said u can compare foster against the colts and foster against the redskins because the redskins and colts dont play the same way they are different teams and the skins were ready for him. only stats that could be used are averages such as ypc, ypg, yac, and so on but individual stats are way too skewed (not saying the stats i mentioned arent but they seem to be more fair)

and actually in nba games they update rosters everyday so it the same thing u cant mesure a guys ability from 1 single game
Old 09-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #39
All Star

OVR: 33

Ratings are adjusted every week. So its no problem.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think 85 is perfect for vick. If they just made his speed where it should be he would go up 5 or 6 points. Has anyone else notice its hard to run with Qb's. Vick blows by de's in real life and struggles to get anywhere in madden.

He used to be a 89 and 90 overall 3years ago and he is more accurate now. He still needs to prove a little more for those ratings but speed needs to go up.

I suggest 96sp 98agility 97acc. still runs a high 4.2's or low 4.3
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »