Home

After playing NCAA 2004 online, I may buy Madden for ps2 instead of pc

This is a discussion on After playing NCAA 2004 online, I may buy Madden for ps2 instead of pc within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 24
After playing NCAA 2004 online, I may buy Madden for ps2 instead of pc

NCAA 2004 online is very, very good. No lag, hundreds of opponents. Last year, with Madden 2003 PC, it could be difficult to find random opponents online. I only bought the Linksys adapter two days ago and couldn't be happier. NCAA online exceeded my expectations. I'm guessing Madden ps2 might be better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2003, 10:33 AM   #2
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: After playing NCAA 2004 online, I may buy Madden for ps2 instead of pc

I agree 100%. I just bought a ps2 newtwork system just for the ea sports games. NCAA is awesome online, can't wait for Madden!!!!

Plus, NBA Live, Tiger, March Madness should all be sweet too.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

PC version is actually better.....has more animations and a few extra stuff. I need to find that article again.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

dave374 said:
NCAA 2004 online is very, very good. No lag, hundreds of opponents. Last year, with Madden 2003 PC, it could be difficult to find random opponents online. I only bought the Linksys adapter two days ago and couldn't be happier. NCAA online exceeded my expectations. I'm guessing Madden ps2 might be better.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I had the ps/2 version and played online for about a week and got so fed up with the shotty interface, poor matchmaking, cheesy same play running football that I traded it in and bought the xbox version. I personally think that the NCAA online is a joke.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

My only real complaint with NCAA online is finding a quality, football-first opponent.
I don't like cheesy long bomb players - you know, the guys who never throw down the middle or outs.
I'm hoping to play some OSers who are football first guys.
I really suck with a game controller, but I know how to call a football gameplan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #6
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't play online at all because a lot of people don't care about realism. "CHEESE" shouldn't be a word because how one person plays is not how another person plays. I know people who put their DB's and RB's at QB and just run all day. That's fine and it's why I don't play online but if other people want to play online don't be surprised to see many tactics that you wouldn't agree with.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:34 AM   #7
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

i've played 15 games online and no complaints....you guys complain about people throwing long on you all the time...well stop them from doing so....this is football, people are going to call plays they think you can't stop...you all sound like a bunch of cry babies who suck at the game.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:35 AM   #8
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't really need to say much, but PC version 0wnz console. If this heats up I'll post the PC article showing what's added from console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »