Home

Inactive players in franchise.....again this year, HELP!

This is a discussion on Inactive players in franchise.....again this year, HELP! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Inactive players in franchise.....again this year, HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
Yep had this happen to me plenty of times it seems the game has some type of unfinished holdout logic working behind the scenes causing it due to lack of playing time and money usually
Not sure if that's the case. My players are usually starters or rookies (1st year players).

Either way if it is similar to Last Gen with holdouts or disputes it should be available to see with the ability to change the desired outcome. Rearranging my depth chart does nothing. Resigning does nothing I cannot release or trade the player I can only start over.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #10
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tktnuri
Not sure if that's the case. My players are usually starters or rookies (1st year players).

Either way if it is similar to Last Gen with holdouts or disputes it should be available to see with the ability to change the desired outcome. Rearranging my depth chart does nothing. Resigning does nothing I cannot release or trade the player I can only start over.
I've never had it happen to me with rookies but losing too many games might be factor as well. And the Devs themselves said in a recent podcast the current franchise mode was a Frankenstein type deal so maybe the code for fixing it with depth charts is broke as well
Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've definitely seen the same thing happen in Madden 2011. What's worse though is that every single one of my active players went into this phantom inactive mode after I relocated my stadium. I went through all the usual off season stuff and re-signed any players that needed to be re-signed, and I signed some new players of course. Then when I finished all the off season stuff and went to play my first pre-season game, I discovered that nearly my entire team was inactive!

If I didn't have salary caps turned off I would've been completely screwed, and even with it turned off it still took me 2 or 3 hours to repair. I had to release and re-sign every one of my players that were inactive, but of course it doesn't specifically tell you which ones are inactive, you have to figure that one out on your own. HUGE flaw in the game, and they really need to issue an update to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #12
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i never had that problem mine was it wouldnt let me resign mccoy after his 4 yr contract was up i even gave him this huge contract and they still wouldnt sign. i never had as many problems as i've had in franchise for ps3 as the ps2 i could sign players to long contracts and they would take it not much for ps3. my problem is i had a low rated rookie wr that just disappeared from the game after one season he had a monster first season went to resign him and he was nowhere to be found in game thought that was pretty lame.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i never had that problem mine was it wouldnt let me resign mccoy after his 4 yr contract was up i even gave him this huge contract and they still wouldnt sign. i never had as many problems as i've had in franchise for ps3 as the ps2 i could sign players to long contracts and they would take it not much for ps3. my problem is i had a low rated rookie wr that just disappeared from the game after one season he had a monster first season went to resign him and he was nowhere to be found in game thought that was pretty lame.
Well, the reason for the first one is that the player simply did not want to resign with your team. Not sure on the second issue.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

This happen to me last nite in my franchise (2nd year). While I was playing the game, I notice that my starting SS wasnt in the game...first I thought he was injured, so I didnt bother to look at the injury list during game...after the game was over...I look at the injury list, but didnt see him on there...then I look at the depth chart to see if he was starting (I know I had him starting)...nothing everything seem ok...so I played another game to see if he would be out there this time...he still wasnt playing...SMH...I immediately release him and resign him back!!!...*BAM* it worked...his lazy *** was out there on the field this time...lol. So I guess release and resign work for me!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only time I had something like this happen to me it was when a starter on the Oline got injured and I didn't replace him in the depth chart and when he got healthy even though he was number one he wasn't starting. I quit the game, tried it again without messing with anything, still wasn't starting. I quit again, moved him out of the starting position in the depth chart, then back to number one, started the game and dude was starting again. So maybe a whacky thing that has to do with the depth chart?

Also in a pre-season I went to the transaction menu and saw that Drew Brees skipped training camp to pursue other interests, and I quote. The saints even signed another quarterback in the pre-season because of it, only time I ever noticed something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

This looks really old but I just wanted to say I have experienced this problem many times with several different versions of the game. I don't have any proof but I have always suspected it becomes more likely to happen with the more amount of games you have simulated, even preseason. I have done 100s of madden franchises in the past and done different things. For example, sometimes I wouldn't play a single game and simply work on scouting, drafting, salary cap control etc... It was almost always just a matter of time before this happened in these leagues. And when I play every single one of my games (including preseason) I don't remember it happening once. Nothing like this has happened in madden 25 for me now. But I also don't ever do the sim leagues in 25 like in older versions. Leading me to believe this problem occurs with too much simulating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »