Home

New Blog: Endgame (My Madden 11 Decision)

This is a discussion on New Blog: Endgame (My Madden 11 Decision) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:25 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
New Blog: Endgame (My Madden 11 Decision)

check it out here:

http://www.operationsports.com/Kushm...ybe-next-year/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Re: New Blog: Endgame (My Madden 11 Decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir

Lol. Funny read. I would have more sympathy for you if you didn't also employ all the tactics that you lament players being able to do though.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree with what you wrote.

However, to follow up with what you wrote, let's be really blunt and honest here: Madden 11 is a patch of Madden 10! There! I said it. The only genuinely new features the game added were "Gameflow" and "Co-op." Gameflow is actually nothing more than a customizable version of "Ask Madden": a feature that has been in the game since I was in undergrad, nine years ago. This leaves Co-op: hardly worth the price of a new game in a recession.

Were Madden 11, called an "expansion pack of Madden 10 with Gameflow, improved graphics, run-blocking, and audible systems," price it at $20, and offer it for D/L on x-box live or PS3, then the purchase would be justified, because this is what other great games do all the time. They periodically add new elements to the game and price it low to keep consumers happy and informed that the company is listening to concerns about the product.

However, to not even touch franchise, or superstar modes, not address the fundamental gameplay concerns about ratings, AI, blocking, physics, mo-cap, and the engine (which have been lingering on this and other boards for years now), tweak existing features (which could have been patched), and charge $60 is virtually criminal.

Were Call of Duty, Red Dead, WoW, GTA IV, or any reputable game to release such a similar product, charge 60$, and make comparable changes, there would be a revolution.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

please keep in mind that i don't play that way, it was my last game online so i wanted to see if one of these cheesers knew something i didn't--i also wanted to see if the AI could stop the arrow route.

i should have known better.

sympathy? i think you misunderstand--i'm not feeling sorry for myself, or even mad. i'm really just happy with my decision to accept madden for what it is--and to choose NOT to expect more from the developmental team than they're willing to give.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »