Home

Gameplanning Broken

This is a discussion on Gameplanning Broken within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Gameplanning Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheechDogg75
I am not going to let this latest "FAIL" by EA ruin my Madden 11 Experience you guys. I have cleared my 360's cache and have been playing with my old slider sets, settings and gameplans. And to tell you the truth, I like it better this way.

Gameplanning now works again, my sliders are perfect for me and I am having fun losing and winning games. If anyone is interested in the settings, sliders and gameplans I am using hit me up. If I get enough requests I won't mind spending time and posting a complete and detailed thread of all the settings I am using for my Franchise. I am not going to let EA dictate when I can start my Franchise and how much fun I can have with it.

Im fed up, angry and I have had enough of EA.

Post your setting brother. I would love to check them out. Especially what gameplans you are using..
Old 10-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's only two explanations for why gameplanning has been disabled. It's either an error in programming or an intentional blockage of the gameplanning ability for the CPU. I almost called it a feature but the true gameplanning (for CPU AI) was an accident and the gameplanning/gameflow feature was advertised in a manner inconsistent with a sim experience. Which is why I claim it was an accident.

But gameplanning still works perfectly well, and as intended, for someone wanting the "Simpler, Deeper, Quicker" nonsensical jargon spewed to them over the past six months.

If they have intentionally blocked CPU AI in favor of their own version then I believe they are so detached from their core fanbase (or indifferent) that things have gotten completely out of hand over there, but they are no dobt seeing the backlash.

Gameplanning is the delicate string suspending Damocles' sword above this franchise for now, and I believe it's vital to keep it intact to preserve its' long history and existence moving forward.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been thinking about what you said, and it wouldn't be too far-fetched for EA to disable gameplanning on purpose. The only reason I state this is because if this were my company, there would have been some personnel changes by now, starting from the top down. EA is simply being run into the ground before our very eyes, and yet they continue to do nothing. They can't even publicly respond to this major issue with gameplanning. This is insanity!

I actually had high hopes for this game for the simple fact that EA had moved the Head Coach 09 team to Madden over a year ago. I know for sure that I'll be thinking twice about purchasing next years game. Surely, others feel the same way, and EA should be recognizing this. It might just come back to haunt them next year.

My purpose in stating this is not to bash EA into the ground. They do that just fine on their own. I am just amazed that EA is keeping the same team for next year. Every year it's the same ole' problems with no solutions.

Last edited by zadokguy; 10-01-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #36
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerDanjo
There's only two explanations for why gameplanning has been disabled. It's either an error in programming or an intentional blockage of the gameplanning ability for the CPU. I almost called it a feature but the true gameplanning (for CPU AI) was an accident and the gameplanning/gameflow feature was advertised in a manner inconsistent with a sim experience. Which is why I claim it was an accident.
I'm sure they don't intentionally break their product. It's just a case of terrible or nonexistent regression testing by Tiburon/EA. They have had this problem in both Madden and NCAA with broken patches.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'm sure they don't intentionally break their product. It's just a case of terrible or nonexistent regression testing by Tiburon/EA. They have had this problem in both Madden and NCAA with broken patches.
Yeah alot of companies are moving to "Internal" testing which means they dont want there product out there for the masses before release.

Or people to know about glaring issues that are there since beta/release etc.

Like Champions Online which was just infested with crapola since release, they should have done internal testing.

EA/Tiburon does this, and it seems to NOT be working. They probably get all the kiddies that go to best buy for the tournaments to test. They dont even look at franchise or gameplanning.

Ironwolf
Old 10-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #38
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I think what he meant was that it might be a minor thing to fix.

That's what I thought after reading his post, but I'll let RJ speak for himself.
Yeah that was what I meant, I suppose I did make it all that clear what I meant. If it were unfixable, then it's a hugely major problem. I have found my game to be much better with custom GP's, but I can play without them for now, as the slider set Im using still makes the game fun to play.

I got a few games coming up anyway so if EA are working on this then I'll be able to play MoH or F1 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »