Home

Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

This is a discussion on Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #121
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Fantastic Presentation, if only it was Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
I was going to start a new thread about this but I will just post it here instead. Any community guys that go back to EA for Madden 12, please ask the Madden devs what sports games they play besides Madden. I dont see how ANYONE that actually plays a variety of sports games can create and play Madden year after year and be proud. To create a great product, creators should always sample other products. Im really starting to think Madden devs are in a creative bubble and just feeding off inhouse ideas.

If Madden 12 is "staus quo" after everyone has had a chance to sample NBA 2k11 and The Show, I dont know what to say.
It's my opinion they are aware of the great sport games. One only has to go back to almost two years ago when Ian made a post in the The Show forum and commended them on their game. He said things like raising the bar high, plus they had a video game of 2k5 in their offices running constantly.

Awareness and putting it all together are two different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #122
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's my opinion they are aware of the great sport games. One only has to go back to almost two years ago when Ian made a post in the The Show forum and commended them on their game. He said things like raising the bar high, plus they had a video game of 2k5 in their offices running constantly.

Awareness and putting it all together are two different things.
I agree with you that they are aware of other sports games accomplishments but I want to know if they play them. I think they need to play these games, really get into the franchise modes and experience them first hand.

I think we can all agree that next-gen Madden has yet to seem like it was created by actual sport gamers. Creating sports games when your not a sports gamer is just not right, IMO.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #123
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I agree with you that they are aware of other sports games accomplishments but I want to know if they play them. I think they need to play these games, really get into the franchise modes and experience them first hand.

I think we can all agree that next-gen Madden has yet to seem like it was created by actual sport gamers. Creating sports games when your not a sports gamer is just not right, IMO.
I hear you , I'm assuming when Ian wrote that post a few years ago to The Show developers he played the game.

I've been wrong before, though.

I do know he plays FIFA, or at least, he used to.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #124
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

Quote:
I was going to start a new thread about this but I will just post it here instead. Any community guys that go back to EA for Madden 12, please ask the Madden devs what sports games they play besides Madden. I dont see how ANYONE that actually plays a variety of sports games can create and play Madden year after year and be proud. To create a great product, creators should always sample other products. Im really starting to think Madden devs are in a creative bubble and just feeding off inhouse ideas.

If Madden 12 is "staus quo" after everyone has had a chance to sample NBA 2k11 and The Show, I dont know what to say.
Like Roadman alluded to, they are aware of and do play other games. Ian has played NBA 2K11 as a matter of fact.

That's why I contend that broadcast presentation is not Madden's philosophy or intention at this point. We as fans know what's capable having played 2K5, APF2K8 (presentation is good on the low), and other sports games. I think Madden has an identity of being a gameplay driven game...Tiburon doesn't seem to want to go away from that.

Now if presentation is indeed a priority with the Tiburon staff, then that's troubling to hear. I for one am of the belief that great presentation is NOT hard to implement. At least not hard in comparison to some of the other things in a sports game. I think it's just a matter of nailing down details and lots of 'em.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #125
Banned

OVR: 10

well if gameplay is a priority for madden, then why are they so behind in that department. Issues we as a community have pointed out for years are still plaguing the game. The developers are nowhere to be found this year compared to last. Really, if these guys look at the SHOW or 2K11, they can learn much. They don't want too, because why should they, they have no competition in the NFL. NFL video game football is dead, until madden can prove me wrong, I got there track record to prove that. Madden is doing there own thing, it it what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »