Home

Press Coverage!!!

This is a discussion on Press Coverage!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Press Coverage!!!

I mainly play offline because i think the online is terrible this year and one thing that is annyoing me is the computer plays press coverage and blitzes on probably 3 out of 4 downs. I understand this how some teams play but not every team in the league had the personell to play this kind of defense. With the type of defense the computer runs, it is nearly impossible to throw to your outside receivers without getting sacked. I was wondering if other people were encountering this or if it has something to do with my sliders. I would really like to fix this and any help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Press Coverage!!!

Nothing worse than watching my entire above average WR core basically be vacuumed up into a stupid press animation and held there until my QB gets crushed. Meanwhile if I do it half the time one of the CPU WRs will end up 20 yards behind my CB for an easy TD.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 09-30-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltown91
I mainly play offline because i think the online is terrible this year and one thing that is annyoing me is the computer plays press coverage and blitzes on probably 3 out of 4 downs. I understand this how some teams play but not every team in the league had the personell to play this kind of defense. With the type of defense the computer runs, it is nearly impossible to throw to your outside receivers without getting sacked. I was wondering if other people were encountering this or if it has something to do with my sliders. I would really like to fix this and any help would be appreciated.
hey man I have to say that I completely disagree with you on the fact that theres nothing you can do to breat the press coverage! There are tons of tools that Madden has that give you the ability to beat bump n' run coverage. The first thing you should check out are the "auto-motion" plays. These plays will automatically have a WR run in motion and then snap at a certain point- these routes are all unbumpables which means there defense WILL NOT be able to jam your WR.

I would first test these plays out and impliment them into your offense. You can even take it a step further and use motion yourself to create unbumps off of specific routes...

c routes-
stick routes
smart routed corner routes
flat routes
drags

start with the automotion then look to the more advanced strategy afterwarsd!

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 10-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

alright thanks man, its funny that i just established that little trick with the automotion routes in the last game i played and it seemed to work pretty well.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

You have to get a WR with high release.
I think after the patch, press was made more powerful. I realized after playing online this week my WR's are just getting Mugged and not even moving. I had to find a WR with high release.
The good thing about press coverage is if your receiver beats the press quickly its a easy pass and usually a long gain.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »