Home
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PINK!

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is AWARE of cancer, no matter what the form. It's not like someone switched on Madden or an NFL game this weekend, saw pink shoes, gloves, etc. and said "Gee, what's breast cancer? Never heard of it" and once they did, decided "Gee, something should be done about it. I'm going to cure it during my lunch break."
There have been 709,233 posts in this forum since I logged in tonight. That means well over 100,000 people have probably visited this forum at one time or another and I bet EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM either has a family member or knows someone who has had cancer or even breast cancer. I am sure they are all AWARE.
I have no problem with pink being worn in real life or in cyber life. The aim of this thread was to show that you have to jump through hoops to turn it off, which shouldn't be the case. It simply shouldn't.
I just didn't understand why there was a Play Now setting for this, yet it was still active in default Play Now games. I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue I had and, maybe, how to work around it. I wasn't here to bash breast cancer awareness.
At the time I posted, I had no idea what those hoops were and the fine people here in this forum informed me of how to do just that. I'm happy.
Some people like it. Great. Some, like me, don't. That's great, too. I found several workarounds. I don't have pink cleats and I am still aware of breast cancer.
Everyone's happy.
Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #42
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIlroy777
I'm pretty sure EVERYONE is AWARE of cancer, no matter what the form. It's not like someone switched on Madden or an NFL game this weekend, saw pink shoes, gloves, etc. and said "Gee, what's breast cancer? Never heard of it" and once they did, decided "Gee, something should be done about it. I'm going to cure it during my lunch break."
There have been 709,233 posts in this forum since I logged in tonight. That means well over 100,000 people have probably visited this forum at one time or another and I bet EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM either has a family member or knows someone who has had cancer or even breast cancer. I am sure they are all AWARE.
I have no problem with pink being worn in real life or in cyber life. The aim of this thread was to show that you have to jump through hoops to turn it off, which shouldn't be the case. It simply shouldn't.
I just didn't understand why there was a Play Now setting for this, yet it was still active in default Play Now games. I wanted to see if anyone had the same issue I had and, maybe, how to work around it. I wasn't here to bash breast cancer awareness.
At the time I posted, I had no idea what those hoops were and the fine people here in this forum informed me of how to do just that. I'm happy.
Some people like it. Great. Some, like me, don't. That's great, too. I found several workarounds. I don't have pink cleats and I am still aware of breast cancer.
Everyone's happy.
Peace.
Well, then I'm sure you discovered that you don't have to jump through hoops to shut it off based on the suggestions in this thread.

I'm not sure what you were thinking, but as soon as I discovered it was an option in Play Now in September, I knew that Play Now mode October games it would show up.

I really don't care what anyone's stance is regarding BCA(#2 killer for cancer in women) or wearing pink in video football games. Based on your initial posts, I wouldn't have said, I Get It, or shove down my throat type stuff, but that's me. To me, that took away from your simple request of a workaround. It came off like you didn't care.

And to each their own. For me, it's a reminder that my wife lost her sister at the ripe old age of 41 from this terrible disease.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm pissed because I CAN'T get the breast cancer awareness thing on my game. I have all the patches, but I get NO such thing as pink games. Not even in my franchise.

Anyone know if this is Xbox specific, or if I'm just the only person who missed out? Also, can anyone tell me how to clear my cache or whatever I need to do to reinstall the patch?
Old 10-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #44
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1

This was probably addressed, but I don't have time to skim through the comments.

Every single player last night on the Dolphins had a pink chinstrap and pink sweatbands, and the Patriots had pink sweatbands as well.

I think EA got this one right.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #45
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

The amount of whining about the non-problem in this thread really helps me fill up my ignore list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM   #46
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Delete the live moments download and it all goes away.
Well that explains why I havent seen it.

Either way this thread has both sides taking things to far. Guys wearing pink isnt going to have an effect on your game(if it does, how do you watch the NFL during OCT?), and if a guy wants to turn it off its not going to cause anyone to forget about cancer. Overreactionsports at its best.

Before anyone even tries to ask, my mother is a lung cancer survivor. I do like the fact the added it to the game.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #47
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Delete the live moments download and it all goes away.
No drama,no name calling. Just good advice. Closed.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »