Home

You proved me wrong EA

This is a discussion on You proved me wrong EA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
You proved me wrong EA

I just want to take the time to apologize to EA. I've been pretty harsh on the new Madden since it came out. I've bashed it up and down. I've been to the point where I swore to never buy Madden again.

Thankfully I was wrong. The new patches/roster updates have made this one of the best football games I've ever played, hands down. I know some may still complain about the franchise mode being outdated and stale but for me being a primarily online gamer, I feel like this years Madden is a fantastic simulation of how it is on Sundays. I'm satisfied with the defense now which was my biggest gripe before. I've played four games in a row now in which I've had 3+ interceptions. I've seen a dramatic decrease in 600+ yard passing games and 80% completion percentages. I truly feel like the game is a chess match now and play calling is as important as ever. Not to mention all of the new tackling animations, and just overall fantastic presentation.

A man can admit when he is wrong. EA, I was wrong in saying you don't care about your fan base. You've obviously listened to our complaints and fixed the minor things that were holding this game back from being great. I'm happy to say that I was wrong in saying EA can't make a simulation football game anymore.

Signed,

A satisfied Madden customer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #2
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: You proved me wrong EA

I co-sign this.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

It takes a lot of balls to admit you've ate crow.

Defense is a lot tougher online, I feel ratings matter more now than before.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

THat's impressive, Phins. Takes a real man to admit that sort of thing, especially on the Madden boards!!

BTW, good job this year, EA. Madden 11, NHL 11, Tiger Woods 11, NCAA 11 are ALL excellent.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Before all you haters start bashing the poster, he didn't say the game was perfect but that he enjoys it better than the release. And really that's all you can ask for, is a better game than it was and it's enjoyable for you.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Yeah, the latest patch really did improve a lot of those gameplay issues, IMO. As much as we give EA grief when they "get it wrong", we should give them kudos when they "get it right".

This is actually the first time I think default all-pro actually works for me, that's how much more balanced it feels for me anyway. Kudos to EA and to the OP.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I love that the society of gamers has been beaten to the point of accepting and being thankful for paying 60+ dollars for games that are garbage right out of the box... and then after months of feedback, the makers tinker and fix some things.

It's just beyond weird to me... but oh well.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

I'm sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree with the original post. Yeah, they fixed the issues with a patch, but these issues, at least the majority of them, should have been fixed prior to release.

There's nothing that you can do in Madden 11 that you couldn't do in Madden 05. Compare NBA 2k11 to NBA 2k5 and you'll see that the difference is like night and day. This is the type of improvement that the "haters" have been clamoring for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnel
I love that the society of gamers has been beaten to the point of accepting and being thankful for paying 60+ dollars for games that are garbage right out of the box... and then after months of feedback, the makers tinker and fix some things.

It's just beyond weird to me... but oh well.
It's a shame when you think about it. The things that were corrected were supposed to work out of the box. Now I understand that essentially every game gets patched, but the scope of things that required a patch is unacceptable. There's no excuse for defense to be broken out of the box.

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 10-01-2010 at 02:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »